Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
8,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
~I was wondering if we could do weekly recipe threads and challenges. Maybe one week we could all post our favorite cookie recipe. The next week would be bread recipes, ect. Challenges could be a thread with the choice of 3 baking projects for the week. You make one and then post your results, tips, improvements, etc. Does that sound fun to anyone? I'll be happy to head this up in December and then maybe other members could take turns. Hope I'm not out of line, so to speak, in posting this, I'm just curious if there's an interest in baking challenges. ~

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
Thank you. It's a great idea. I used to do baking club themes, but have been too busy to do a lot of the organizing of things that I used to be able to.

I'll try and post some pics of my holiday baking.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Count me in. December will the perfect time to jump start this too. This will be fun, and I can't wait to get started.

·
Registered
805 Posts
I'd love to participate also, the only thing is it would have to be frugal recipes... I just can't afford to buy 3lbs (@ 5.99/lb) of chocolate or 4 lbs of butter (@$4/lb). So..I"m in...conditionally.

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
I think it is a great idea! Count me in :D.

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
It sounds fun! I'd love to participate!

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
this does sound fun, but I'm with babs - it may be more helpful to the masses if they were recipes as frugal as possible :)

great idea!!

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Oh boy!! Count me in! I love baking and just haven't been doing enough of it so this will give me an excuse and motivation to do more!!! LOL

·
Registered
713 Posts
Count me in! I need to get my holiday bake on...

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
:yippee: Hubby and dd are all for it too, LOL!!

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
sounds good to me, can i join?

·
27,948 Posts
So glad you posted this, I'd love to join in. :)

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
:bump:

Lets keep this where everyone can see it so we can get as many new members as possible.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I want to join also

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
I'm in....I've had a hard time figuring out the baking club and kind of figured you just post a thread when you bake something?????. Anyway I've had a hard time getting rolling with posting the reciepes. This will be a great way to do that.....besides I'm in charge of most of the holiday baking for the family so I really need to get moving. :rollsmile

1 - 20 of 22 Posts