Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
DS1 had a Wal-Mart gift card, so we headed to Wal-Mart tonight. They are totally PACKED with clearance. Absolutely PACKED It was the biggest clearance I have ever seen and everything is set to go less then 50% off tomorrow.

There was isle after isle of appliances, blankets, better homes and gardens quilts in bags, gifts baskets, men's shaving sets, toys, gift wrap, Christmas decor, and on and on.

If you have not checked out Wal-Marts after Christmas sales, this weekend would be the time to go. My Wal-Mart is going to 75% this weekend. :dopey:

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
thanks. i need blankets and flannel jammies.

Reactions: pollypurebred39

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
WOO-HOO! Even though I try to aoid WalMart like the plague, I will make the exception for their clearances. I'm hoping mine is doing the sale. I heard via the net, that the Gillette shave sets are $.99 after the recent $4 P&G insert coupon. I would love to find some Old Spice for my hubby. Will also be checking out the appliances because I need a wedding gift.

Thanks for posting my friend. Hope you and your DS have a very frugal blast. Do let us know, okay? I'll be looking forward to hearing all about it and sharing in the joy of frugality with you's....LOL!

Theresa :)

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
I am going to have to check it out as well! We were in there the other day, but they were still only at 50% off.....I would love to get some of the cologne or perfume gift sets for next christmas....now...I am in my super couponing mode now and vow to not waste any valuable coupons in the new year, so if there is some I can use on the huge clearance in walmart...I will be super happy!

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
I was planning on checking them out today. I'll be on the lookout.

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
Does Walmart let you use coupons on clearanced items? I will also make a trip over there-thanks for the heads up!
yes, they do

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
My Walmart is out of the bath/shaving gift sets, perfume sets, Christmas socks, pj sets ( except the black Friday children ones LOL) have been since the day after Christmas, also they are low on wrapping, cards, and candy. All the practical stuff is gone or nearly gone. Didn't buy any Christmas clearance this year.

Toys there are tons of and my daughter wanted to know why.

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
My Mom and I went on the 26th. I bought a snow an quilt for $9.50! I was soooo happy they still had them. I had been eyeing them since they came out. It was packed in there. Yesterday DS and I were there and there as NOTHING left....only some candy. Dang. There was some things I was hoping would still be there. So now I will have to watch for deep clearance items throughout the year.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
No bargains can tempt me to shop at Walmart. The stores around here that I have been in since Christmas have virtually nothing left to mark down. I think they bought less seasonal items this year.

·
Registered
7,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
WOO-HOO! Even though I try to aoid WalMart like the plague, I will make the exception for their clearances. I'm hoping mine is doing the sale. I heard via the net, that the Gillette shave sets are $.99 after the recent $4 P&G insert coupon. I would love to find some Old Spice for my hubby. Will also be checking out the appliances because I need a wedding gift.

Thanks for posting my friend. Hope you and your DS have a very frugal blast. Do let us know, okay? I'll be looking forward to hearing all about it and sharing in the joy of frugality with you's....LOL!

Theresa :)

Thanks Theresa, I feel the same way about Wal-Mart. But that's where DS1 gets his work pants.

I saw the shave sets, they are $4.44 at my Wal-Mart. I did not know about the coupon!

I didn't really buy much, I bought 2 slumber bags with Buzz Light year for $5 each, normally $15 each for my nephews. That's it in clearance.

Bought cheese imported from Ireland and England.

If DS1 want to go back this weekend after things are marked down more, I may get some things to put in the gift closet for birthdays & next Christmas.

Was so surprised buy the rows and rows of appliances. They must have thought they were the hot sellers this year.

Happy Shopping! I hope your Wal-Mart is as good as mine!

·
Registered
623 Posts
We've all been sick, so I haven't been out much to shop. I'll check out the sales next week' if there's anything left !!

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
After Christmas sale= crowds of people grabbing, pushing, being rude. It's also the first of the month which means SSI and Welfare recipients will be doing their shopping and that usually means crowds and empty shelves. The nearest WM is 35 miles from here. Not worth the hassel for me and I still have a tiny bit of money on my WM gift card. I do hope those of you who go find lots of bargains.

Cat

·
Registered
461 Posts
I'll admit that I miss Walmart a teensy bit but I have a boycott with Sam's Club & Walmart after their announcement with teaming up with the Dept. of Homeland Security.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Hit local Super Walmart today for pet food (when do we not need pet food?). All Xmas is 75% off, stocked up on bows for next year! Other finds:
-'transformer' wrapping paper- marked down to .75...and it's NOT an Xmas pattern at all! Great for those of us with young boys and all their little friends for bday gifts
-Barbie Mermaids- full size- $2.50 each
-little girl make up kits- 75% off, I paid $2.50-1.25 each
-little girl lip glosses -75% off (hanna Montana, Tinkerbell, Disney Princess)- paid .25 each great stocking stuffers!

Got a make up kit and Mermaid Barbie x2 for friend's little girls bdays this year- $5 each spent!

2 mermaids, a make up set and some little lip glosses for my girl bday/next Xmas- $6.75

Gingerbread house kits were 75% off too- I was tempted for next year but not confident it would 'keep', so i skipped it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I don't like to go to Walmart. Unfortunately they are the closest store that sells sewing supplies. So while there I did check out the Christmas clearance items. Got a set of 2 Christmas pot holders for .75 cents!! Got 2 sets. They will be saved for gifts for this year.

Found a Dora gift set at Kmart for 50% off. I'll use that for gdtgr for her birthday in Feb. Sewing the rest of her gifts

1 - 17 of 17 Posts