Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've never listened to an audiobook before. I've been planning on buying TMMO but have been unable to find it (even in the library, someone always has it out). I was given an itunes gift certificate and was going to get the TMMO audiobook, but would I be missing anything if I got it as opposed to the book?

Thanks

·
Registered
241 Posts
No, you won't be missing a thing. The audiobook is Dave reading his book to you, word for word. It's very good.

I have both the book and the audio book. I read the book, but knew it would take hubby FOREVER to read it.......... IF he even started. He's just not a reader, so that's why I bought the audio book. He would listen to it on his way to and from work. He loved it.

We've also listened to it again when we've had to drive long distances. Makes for a good kick in the butt every once in a while. I bought my audiobook off of ebay.

HTH

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Connie!!

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Can't speak to that one, but I use a lot of audiobooks when I'm doing distance-driving (> 100 miles at a time). I also have started using them to go to sleep when my eyes are too fried to read at night. I love them!

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
You might miss out on some of the worksheets that come with the book. If you've got trouble budgeting the worksheets might help you in that area. It's got cash flow plans, pro rata worksheets, irregular income worksheets, etc. in the book. It also has personal success stories throughout the book that the audio book doesn't have.

The only other thing I thought listening to the audio book was how 'dry' he sounded. He's so much funnier and personable on the radio and at his live events, I just couldn't believe how dry he sounded. But as I haven't listened to any other audio books, this just may be the norm that I'm not used to.

I bought the audio book for my sis that drives long distances and she seemed to like it okay. Just my two cents, but either one is better than none at all. :D

·
Registered
241 Posts
You're welcome!

It's true, on the radio Dave's more "energized", but I thought he sounded okay on the audiobook. Especially if someone has never heard him before. They might be overwhelmed if he spoke the same way in the book as on the radio.

The success stories ARE in the audiobook. They have another voice telling them....... like it's the actual person telling their story.

Pammy's right though......... you wouldn't have the worksheets that are included. You might be able to borrow the book from the library and just photocopy the worksheets though. Just a thought!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've never listened to an audiobook before. I've been planning on buying TMMO but have been unable to find it (even in the library, someone always has it out). I was given an itunes gift certificate and was going to get the TMMO audiobook, but would I be missing anything if I got it as opposed to the book?

Thanks
If I had to do it over again I would buy the audiobook on iTunes. Use your gift certificate and download it. Could be the best gift you ever received! I know the book is available on iTunes because I've seen it. If you have trouble finding it, let me know and I'll post a link.

Good luck!

bk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts