Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I can't believe it is August already! I am still going strong with this challenge. I hope there are still some other challengee's out there. Let me know how you are doing. I don't deposit my $200.00 for another two weeks but I will let you know. How is everyone else doing?

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
Wow, you are doing great, I cant get involved in this one now, however, I am living off the emergency fund!

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
I need to jump on board.I have to change ours to a lil less this month since dh got a pay cut.I'll figure it up soon.

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I put in my $200.00. I am now at $3,800.00. Can't wait 'til next month for the big $4,000.00 :cool:

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
I don't have an emergency fund, but I have started a freedom account to cover odd/non-monthly expenses such as car insurance, sewer rental and internet. I am starting over after a huge car insurance payment so I will use this thread to keep me focused.

Congrats Shell on your large fund and dedication to it! :dancing:

·
Moderator aka AmyBob
12,040 Posts
I need to start over again, so I will also use this thread to help me do it. I have no further income until school starts again, so it'll be tough now that my summer job is over, but I'll figure something out.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Hi Shell and everyone! I'm still adding to my account, just updating June and July, my total now is 2034.22, and I will be making a deposit next week for August.

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you everyone. I think the biggest secret is to be consistent. You don't have to put a lot in just make sure you do it every month. For me, it helps not to have a debit card or cheques to this account so that I am not tempted.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts