Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Little Miss recently revieved an awesome bag of hand me downs. The friend just had a recent growth spurt so the clothing was very up to date style. So much so that when Little Miss wore them to school the girls all ask if she had received early Christmas presents. :) :)

A few days before the bag of hand me downs arrived. I was paying close attention at dismissal to what the other Middle school girls were wearing. Bing jeans ( With rinstones) seemed to the the main theme. I thought to myself Little Miss would like some like that. The viola the hand me down bag had some in here odd half size. :) along with other cool teen shirts. And some cozy flannel pj sets.

:grball:

·
Moderator aka AmyBob
12,038 Posts
What a wonderful surprise! My kids have been wearing hand-me-downs since Day1 and we have always been so grateful. :)

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
That's fantastic!
It reminds me of our lucky find.

I answered an ad on Craigslist selling baby clothes (this is when the baby was newborn). I, being an obsessed grandmother, insisted we get clothes far in advance. They grow so fast ya know.

I went to her McMansion and she had clothes from places like the Childrens' Place, Baby gap, gymboree - you get it - expensive stuff that I wasn't going to buy new.

As it turns out, her baby girl is exactly one year older than my grandchild and both their names are Lily Grace. So the clothes are all in the right season. :) and.. the name tags are correct LOL

I bought the whole lot of clothes! The whole dining room table of stuff. This was well cared for clothes and I wasn't going to bother to poke through and pick.

So, we have this arrangement. When she outgrows the clothes and gets a bin full, she sends me an email and I go by to pick up what she has. (Only this time, my working daughter will go by and purchase them. hehehe)

We haven't had to buy new clothes for the baby since she was born!

I am sooooo for hand-me-downs. No matter what age.

Even I get hand-me-overs from others cleaning out their closet.

No shame here. :D

Cheers!

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
that's so awesome! We never got hand me downs from other people, but I try to buy all my guys clothes on deep discount or used. However, one is 4t and the other is 3t so it's hard to find used clothes in decent shape in those sizes. My smaller twin gets hand me downs from my bigger twin.

I give clothes my smaller twin outgrows to coworkers- I won't hang out for an hour waiting for someone to meet me to purchase one or two clothing items!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts