1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
They are the Patriot Riders and will go to any military funeral at the families request. I remember the day they came to my town for the funeral of a fallen hero.

Here is their website.
Home

·
Super Moderator
20,700 Posts
I'll admit I cried. Great video!

Thank the Great Spirit someone has figured out how to shut up the lackwits. The last thing a grieving family needs is a bunch of jerks using the funeral of a loved one to get news coverage of their own political agenda.

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
I'll admit I cried. Great video!

Thank the Great Spirit someone has figured out how to shut up the lackwits. The last thing a grieving family needs is a bunch of jerks using the funeral of a loved one to get news coverage of their own political agenda.
the Patriot Guard was started in 2005

Our History

Reactions: pollypurebred39

·
Registered
7,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What this group is doing is so hateful. It's very uplifting to see something positive in the news. It's about time. We get so very little positive anymore.

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
What this group is doing is so hateful. It's very uplifting to see something positive in the news. It's about time. We get so very little positive anymore.
I agree you don't hear much good news or so it seems.

If you go the the website of the Patriot Guard you will see how many of these they attend a year. My guess is that it depends on the local news if they want to focus the the good or on the bad on who gets the press.

The patriot riders have been doing shielding families at funerals since 2005 and some people are just learning of it now?

Maybe it is time for the news to start sharing good news. At least a more balance news report.

·
Technical Support Sleuth
6,481 Posts
I adore the Patriot Guard. I donate money to them frequently and when we see them in public, Wesley and I make every effort to thank them. I have always been impressed with the humbleness of the Patriot Riders.

I would like to point out though, so as to not discourage anyone from potentially joining the Patriot Guard, the group does not have a religious affiliation, nor do you have to be a veteran to participate wtih them.

·
Registered
464 Posts
I am a member of the Patriot Guard. I cry everytime we attend a funeral, there is nothing so emotional as to be standing in line holding your flag and having every family member come by and thank you and shake your hand, or to be in the procession and there is nothing but rows of motorcycles in front of you as far as you can see. I've seen them extend for miles. Or to see people standing on the side of the road as you go by with their hands over their hearts or saluting.

In addition to funerals, the Patriot Guard will also attend Homecomings and Send Offs for our military, and has an outreach in our VA hospitals.

·
Technical Support Sleuth
6,481 Posts
In addition to funerals, the Patriot Guard will also attend Homecomings and Send Offs for our military, and has an outreach in our VA hospitals.
The Patriot Guard were present at my husband's send-off and his homecoming from Iraq. Their presence was greatly appreciated by them--they met their buses at the state line of Iowa and lead them into the base.

Still getting goose bumps thinking about it.

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
I adore the Patriot Guard. I donate money to them frequently and when we see them in public, Wesley and I make every effort to thank them. I have always been impressed with the humbleness of the Patriot Riders.

I would like to point out though, so as to not discourage anyone from potentially joining the Patriot Guard, the group does not have a religious affiliation, nor do you have to be a veteran to participate wtih them.
From what I understand you don't even have to have a motorcycle.

You can be one who holds a flag.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
IMHO....I do not consider the members of the westboro baptist church Christians....a true Christian would not display this disrespectful behavior.....as a Christian, I find their actions appalling & I agree that they are giving the rest of us a bad name.....they are actually causing others that don't know Jesus to have a negative view of what a personal relationship w/ Jesus Christ is all about & they will be held accountable in the end. I am so grateful that true Christians are standing in the gap while these funerals are taking place. The Supreme court may have ruled that the WBC has the right to protest...but its members have failed to exercise something called common sense - they should not abuse it even though the right to protest leaves a window where they can.

·
19,119 Posts
I have chicken skin all over and tears in my eyes just reading this thread. Thank goodness for the good guys!!

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
Sad that a group of self-proclaimed Christians ( they have no clue what a Christian is) are the true bullies, thugs, and liars, while a group(bikers) usually portrayed as bullies, thugs, and liars are the ones being Christ-like. God bless the Patriot Guard and what they do.

Cat

·
Registered
38 Posts
Everytime I read about the Patriot Guards I cry.

How selfless...how compassionate...

And, even though they may not be "self-proclaimed" as Christians,(and I do not mean to offend if they are not), they exemplify what human dignity is all about!

carol

·
Registered
131 Posts
Awesome story

IMHO the members of Westboro Baptist Church are not christians, and they certainly aren't pagans, we have more respect for life and death than that.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.