Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought for sure that Ace was going to lose tonight. Can't believe it was sweet little Bucky.

Who are you rooting for? My votes are for Kellie. Dh's is for Taylor.

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
How can you know this? I'm watching it now .... just turned it on, and they're telling people they're safe.

Or are they eliminating two tonight?

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Maybe we're in different time zones. I'm sorry! I thought every one watched it at the same time. I'm in Eastern Time Zone.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
I totally agree with you, I almost cried when Bucky got booted. I definately thought it was going to be Ace!! I am pulling for Chris Daughtry though! I doubt he will win since he has already been given offers from bands but had to decline due to the show!!!

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

American Idol isn't shown here in the UK til Friday! I've done so well every week not knowing who had gone until I watched the show. I'll have to try to not let DH know.

My favourite is Chris by a long way, although for her speaking voice it has to be the little minx Kellie. Taylor is just... I don't even know what the word is to describe him, DH and I are just in fits of laughter whenever he dances and does his funny little things.

I'm very excited about having a Queen show, roll on Friday!

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
I will be the one dissenter here...I am glad he's gone. Now if they'd just get rid of Ace & Kelly, I'd be even happier.

I think Paris, Katharine, and Chris have what it takes to be the next American Idol voice-wise. I loooooove Chris and Taylor too, but their voices are too "limiting". They'll definitely do just fine when AI is over.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Elliotts my favorite! I liked Buckey's personality, but not his music, so I was kind of glad to see him go. I hope Ace is next.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
I love Chris and Taylor. Out of all the girls I think Katherine has the best voice, but I think Paris is the whole package.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Chris is the MAN!! I like him the best, and I definately thought Bucky was better than ACE!!!!!!!! UGH! Kelly is the biggest airhead I have ever seen..enough said.

·
Registered
10,045 Posts
I love Chris! Taylor is my next Fave. I don't care at all for any of the others.

I hoped Ace would go last night. I thought Bucky did a lot better than him.

·
Registered
857 Posts
I am routing for Kelly although last night I was stunned when she called her klenex or whatever it was a ``Snot Rag``.....I didn`t hear anyone in the audience laugh when she said that although maybe they did and I was still too stunned to hear them.

I really like Taylor as well. Ace well, I felt badly for him last night when he started to cry etc but in my opinion and I am certainly no expert when it comes to singing and being in tune etc but I don`t think he has what it takes to win this competition.

Elliot, I laughed last night when he got called up for one of the bottom 3, not because I want to see him go but because Ryan had named him as one of the first bottom three and when Elliot got up and went on the stage , Ryan asked him to sing.......Poor Elliot looked Horrified and said ``No`` and Ryan said something about singing a song and then Elliot said ``what am I going to sing?`` then Ryan said just follow the music or something like that. Poor Guy!

I think that Elliot thought he was automatically eliminated as all of the other weeks the one who was asked to sing a song out of the bottom 3 was the one to go home.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
I personally do not think any of the girls have what it takes to be the next AI! Kelly, just plain gets on my nerves, she is a cutie though, which will get her numerous calls/votes from the young teenage boys and the not so young men!!!

As I have said before Chris is definately my favorite but I pull hard for Elliot to mainly because he is deaf in his one ear and can still hit all those notes...That is a God given talent!!!

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
I am pulling for Chris. :)

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I agree with all of you who think the girls won't win. It's going to be an interesting couple of weeks coming up.

The only thing I don't like about Katharine is how her personality has changed throughout the show. During the auditions, I thought "awww, she seems sweet" but now she's got that attitude that she thinks she's IT. Notice how she acts. I think it would be hilarious if she gets kicked off before Kellie. Karma.

G

·
I CAN"T believe you revealed the outcome before everyone got to see it! That's too funny. Pacific time wouldn't be watching it at 5:30 pm which is when it was recorded live for the east coast at 8:30 pm.

I'm glad that Bucky went bye-bye. He didn't even deserve to get as far as he did. This is not the country and western idol.

Although Katherine is stunning and has a beautiful voice... her genre is limited. She really only sings 'Celine Dion' type songs. But she is American Idol material.

Kelly can adapt to anything, she's cute and blonde- which is what the public will seek.

And that Paris! WOW! She can belt out anything! Good God has blessed her! She'll be signed- regardless

I am so surprised Elliot made it this far. He has a great voice and is adaptable too... but he just isn't 'American Idol" look.

Chris... too much rock. But he is soooo talented indeed. He'll have a record deal whether he wins or not.

Ace.. gatta go. Nuf said on that.

Who did I miss?

Taylor! What the heck! Are they keeping him on for entertainment purposes?

JMO here!

Love AI this year, Incredibly talented people. Where have they been hiding?

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Frugalfanny, I think you've nailed all of them on the head.

In a recent Rolling Stones issue (which I snatched off the lobby table at work) all of the top 12 contestents were interviewed. When asked how will you spend your money if you win, Taylor responds "I'll buy a new couch." I laughed so hard when I read it that people came out of their offices to see what I was laughing at.

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
Love Taylor's voice, love Chris's voice too...I don't think either will win, but they will definitely have record deals when all is said and done.

I really see Paris as the best singer and most versatile performer.

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
i am sooooo glad bucky is gone!! i don't know how he got this far! the same with "chicken little." he really wasn't good AT ALL!! they both sucked IMO!!;);) i like chris!! he can SING! :)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts