Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend of mine is having a little girl in a month or so. Her sister lives across the street (which is how we met). Patty (the sister) called me last night to ask if I would help her with some things for the shower. She has these cuts votive candles in votive cups to give the guests. It has a little poem about lighting a candle and praying for the baby. I agreed to do those. She needed a little piggy bank and some poster board.

So off the girls and I went this morning. We headed to Big Lots, where I found the votives, already in the clear glass cups - 12 in a package for $6.99! Poster board was .39. Next door at the dollar store I found and adorable pink piggy bank with hearts on it for $1, 50 precut tulle circles to wrap the candles for $1, and packages of plastic leis (the shower has a hawaiian theme) 3 to a pack for $1.

I have already crocheted a nursing shawl and a baby dress, headband and booties. DH is going to stop at Lowes after the dentist to get me an new empty paint can. I am going to cover it and stamp it. I will give my gift gift in the pain can, which can be reused for memory items for the baby.

Oh, and the girls just had to give a gift, so they each got a little stuffed animal, a baby toy, and a bag - $3 per girl.

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
awesome!

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
WTG! :clap:

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
I love the votive candles with the little poem- I did that for the last two showers I hosted. However, I didn't put the candles in the votive holders- I just gave the candles out w/out them, since the last two showers have come completly out of my own pocket. I got my votives for something like .25 each.

One other idea I love is making little Hershey's miniatures with personalized wrappers. I did this for the last baby shower I threw and also for DDs birthday in May. So cute!

I know the shower is going to be great!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts