Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We got back in from Chicago last night. We had a wonderful time!!!! Thank-you all for all your input.

The drive went much faster than expected and we had very little trouble traveling from Lisle to Chicago by car on Sat. or Sun. We had planned on doing the train but by the time we got in on Fri. there was no attendent going to be at the station again until Mon. I knew I could buy single fairs on the train but I wasn't sure about the weekend deal passes. Then we talked to a waitress who said there were no major sports games in town this weekend so the traffic would be non-existant. We gave it a shot on Sat and had a nice smooth drive so we drove again Sunday.
****The mistake we made was parking in the Aquarium parking lot on Sat and then leaving the car. Getting back to the car was a pretty desserted trek at 10:30 pm. I'm sure there were security guards walking around the meseum campus but every nerve was screaming at me that I should've known better.

Friday afternoon/evening we drove into Napierville and ate an Italian place and walked all through downtown. What a very cool little place. (We especially enjoyed the old fashioned candy store we found). The boys were intriqued by al the groups of kids running around. We did river walk which was king of a neat idea for what appeared to be a drainage (Creek???)

We ended up spending Sat. at the Shedd Aguarium. Then we boat taxied over to Navy Pier, walked up to Miracle Mile, (ate at an awesome pizza place off the mile where the kids got to write on EVERYTHING) and trolleyed back down to Navy pier where we stayed for the 9 o'clock fireworks. Then we took the bus back to the Aquarium street and walked back to our car.

Sun we just did the Museum of Science and technology and grabbed some Burger King on the way back to the hotel. Then we hung out there and swam and played raquetball the rest of the night.

Took a quick dip on Monday and headed back.

We walked tons and my legs are still sore but we diffinately had a great time!!!!

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Sounds like you guys had a blast! I'll bet the water taxi was fun, hopefully not too chilly this time of year...the weekend wasn't too bad!

I've been to the pizza place you're talking about. Gino's maybe??? I can't remember the name of it, but you get sharpies and get to write on the walls, table, booths, etc. It's a really fun place!

You would have been pretty safe in the Aquarium neighborhood at night! :) That neighborhood isn't too rough!

I'm glad you had fun. Dh and I have been talking about taking the train downtown this fall, but I think we'll wait til Christmas time and go in and see the lights. Glad you guys had fun!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts