Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:) Hi all your wonderful Ladies!!!! I've missed you so much! If I had found a computer with internet access I would have checked in a time or two while we were gone.

We got back this afternoon after a long and slow drive home. Lots of construction work, so most of the highways we took we down to 1 lane each way. However, we all made it home safely!

We had a wonderful time filled with family, friends and fishing!!! One day we went out on a fishing charter with our friend Shorty and caught 20 fish (2 got away)! I caught the biggest fish, 28 inch lake trout, much to the dismay of my boys who were convinced that they would be the one to win the biggest fish for the day contest!:toothy: Out of that we got 23 pounds of fillets and my freezer is now stocked! We also went to the Bigfork Playhouse and saw a musical review "It's a Grand Night For Singing". Wonderful production full of some of my favorite show tunes! The 4th of July parade was wonderful and so were the fireworks out over the lake. We had a big BBQ that afternoon with our friends there and ate way too much! I told my husband that I was convinced that the new black capri pants I had bought were shrinking in my suitcase! :laugh: The kids had fun with thier kayaks and DH and I took out the canoe. The boys also went fishing every chance they got and caught some big pikes and a few smaller lake trout on Swan Lake. Our neighbor there smoked the fish for us so we also have that in our freezer. We spent one day down at a remote cabin in the woods that our friend and neighbor there just bought. Beautiful setting in the trees with a meadow out the front and a gorgeous view of the Mission Mountains. I told him he was living my dream!
Oh, I must share with you how happy my boys are! My Mom and Dad bought their birthday presents for them while we were there. Josh got an electric guitar (this also counts as his Christmas present) and he and I split the cost of an amplifier. Chris got a wonderful fishing pole and Jaysn got a stereo system.
All the kids were very thrilled! Then, Chris found a beautiful acoustic guitar at a pawn shop and he really wanted it. I agreed to pay a portion of it and he would pay me back the rest. Jeff and I want to encourage the boys in their music, so this was a very worthwhile "investment". My parents have agreed to pay for guitar lessons for the boys and we'll drop the piano lessons.

We brought home so much food, so between that and our garden producing, I should be able to stay way below my food budget for this month. Good thing too, I will need to pay off some credit cards quickly!:eek:

Anyway, it's good to be back here at the Village again! I loved my vacation and wish I could move to Montana, but it's not in the cards at the moment. Plus, my mother and I get along better in short visits and at a distance! LOL! I love her dearly, but we definitely are very different people with values that often clash.

:grouphug: to you all!

·
TammyBob
6,981 Posts
Sounds like you and the family had a great time on vacation.

Glad you're back though :D

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
We missed you Debbie, I am so glad you have a good time......
I'm glad your home safe and sound !
I hope you all enjoy the fish...........:D

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
Welcome back Debbie. I am so glad you are home. It sounds like your vacation was wonderful. You are quite the fisherwoman! That was quite a fish you caught. :)

I bet the boys are loving their new guitars. What wonderful gifts for them.

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
:welcome: back Debbie!! It sounds like you had a great family vacation! :)

·
27,948 Posts
Welcome back Debbie! Sounds like a fantastic time was had by all. Did you take that fish off the hook? Tell the truth...:)

Glad they are into music, it's such a positive thing for them to do.
Your support of that must mean the world to them.:band:

The love you have for your family really comes through when you speak of them and brings a smile to my face.

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
I'm jelous about the fish. We only caught 6 catfish total and did't bring any home.

I'm glad you had a good time. I agree with Darlene
The love you have for your family really comes through when you speak of them and brings a smile to my face.

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
AWWWW :grouphug: you all are so sweet! We were on a fishing charter, so the captain (Shorty) took the fish off the hook for me, but I still held it! LOL! I don't mind taking fish off hooks if I have to (I'm just not very good at it). My husband caught a huge pike but it bit right through the net and he lost it (sharp teeth).

Tonight we are having some of that wonderful fish for dinner. It's so good!!!!

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
Welcome home Debbie. I am glad the trip went well. The boys seemed to have a great time as well as you and DH. I bet it was so relaxing to get away from it all.

Enjoy the fish!! Great catch!!

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
What great time you all had, sounds great!! I love fishing. But i can't bait my hook or remove the fish. i cannot touch fish as it breaks me out...extremely allergic. But i enjoy the being outside, by the water and the whole thrill of fishing. sounds like you all had a great vvacation.

·
Registered
5,500 Posts
Glad you had a good time Debbie! Glad you are back too. ;) Congrats on the biggest fish! :D It sounds like it was a great trip for everyone. I am sure the boys will put those guitars to good use.(Also, after having had piano lessons, it will be really easy for them to learn any other instruments they want if they don't already know how! )

1 - 11 of 11 Posts