Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My daughter is moving out on her own and she needs EVERYTHING. I started doing my research yesterday and I'm heading out today to start a stockpile for her. I forgot how fun couponing can be.

I will be excited to get her started with things for next to nothing. She is also really excited to learn how I used to do it. I haven't couponed in a very long time so the game has changed a bit.

She is moving in with her boyfriend. I'm not thrilled about this, but they've been together since high school and she'll have to experience things on her own. I can't tell her what to do anymore.

Her boyfriend went out and bought all new appliances, washer, dryer, refrigerator, stove, microwave, dishwasher, and HUGE television with surround sound. He spent over $5000. My mouth dropped open. Most of those appliances in the house are FINE! He wanted all new things. INSANE! He also bought her a very expensive diamond ring. The kid needs to slow down or everything he's saved is going to be blown on crap! I'm biting my tongue so HARD. I tried really hard to get him not to buy all new things. I hope he's done once they move in and they can start saving again. She is very frugal and saves everything. Hopefully they are fine once they get settled in.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Hope you keep us informed how you did......He is probably excited about being on their own.....I love having a "purpose" or "project" when I coupon. Hope you got lots of good deals....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts