Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can you fill in the blanks?

"Back when I was young and stupid, I ________________, and now_________________."

Here's mine:
"Back when I was young and stupid, I bought waaaaaay too many clothes, and now I look at them in the closet and think 'what a waste.'"

They are totally out of date, some don't fit, but I just can't bring myself to toss.

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
Thought material things would make me happy. :shake:

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Back when I was young and stupid, I thought the Cubs would win the World Series in my life time, now I'm not so sure........

·
4,028 Posts
"Back when I was young and stupid, I was a door mat, and now I can hold my own and occasionally win out over Greebo."

·
Registered
7,747 Posts
"Back when I was young and stupid, I thought learning skills like canning, sewing and quilting were extremely boring and useless, and now."I'm struggling to learn skills that my Grandmother would have gladly taught me if I had not been such a huge donkey

·
Registered
3,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Doritos and M and Ms sound rather good right now!!!

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
back when I was young and stupid, I was young and stupid! :). I bought things like a whole set of weights and exercise tapes for $300 and a pair of roller blades for $200, even though I couldn't afford to buy my own groceries each week. I used these things for maybe a month and then I never picked them up again.

*It's been over a decade and I am going to make myself use those weights and tapes once I've had the baby :)

·
Registered
933 Posts
"Back when I was young and stupid, I decided to get married right out of high school (marriage is not the part I regret...love my husband dearly) and even though I could have I did not go on to college even though it was over 4 years before we had children, and then at age 36 I had a stroke that started a catapult of health issues and now I'm to ill to even consider it.

I have 2 wonderful children and by the grace of God have been able to give them what I turned down.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.