Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Baked Shrimp Scampi

Recipe Description
This is a Barefoot Contessa recipe and it is fabulous ~ wonderful for a special occasion. As always, I used the same ingredients but baked mine completely different. I used the next size down shrimp (16/20, I think) as the bigger ones are VERY expensive. I don't have the patience to butterfly shrimp and place them just so in a dish so I shelled and deveined them all, including the tail, and after marinating, tossed them in a pan. I don't have a gratin dish so I used a 9x9 glass baking dish and I ended up baking it about 8 minutes or so longer and it worked perfectly! I also did not use the rosemary because I don't like it.​
Preparation Steps:
Level of Difficulty:
Medium​
Time Needed:
Ingredients:
2 lbs. (12-15/pound) shrimp in the shell
3 tbsps olive oil
2 tbsps dry white wine
salt and pepper
1 1/2 stick butter, room temperature
4 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup minced shallots
3 tbsps minced fresh parsley
1 tsp minced fresh rosemary
1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
1 tsp grated lemon zest
2 tbsps fresh lemon juice
1 egg yolk
2/3 cup panko crumbs​
Serves:
6 servings​
Directions:
Preheat oven to 425º.

Peel, devein and butterfly the shrimp, leaving the tails intact. Place in a mixing bowl and mix lightly with the olive oil, wine, 2 tsps salt and 1 tsp pepper. Let the bowl sit at room temperature, marinating, while mixing the butter/garlic/panko mixture.

In another bowl, mix the butter, garlic, shallots, parsley, rosemary, red pepper flakes, lemon zest, lemon juice, egg yolk, panko, 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper until well combined.

Arrange the shrimp in a single layer in the gratin dish, cut side down with the tails pointing up. Pour the remaining marinade over the shrimp and evenly sprinkle the topping over the shrimp.

Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until the shrimp are thoroughly cooked and pink.​

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
I don't like seafood, but this looks good and Gabe and my kids would love it. Thank you!

Reactions: nancycg56

·
27,948 Posts
That looks sooooo good Nancy, thanks for sharing!

Reactions: nancycg56

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
I wonder if this would work with pre-cooked frozen shrimp which is much cheaper than fresh, shell-on shrimp? Sounds like a tasty recipe otherwise.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I wonder if this would work with pre-cooked frozen shrimp which is much cheaper than fresh, shell-on shrimp? Sounds like a tasty recipe otherwise.
I'd be hesitant to use pre-cooked ~ it would end up really tough and I don't think you'd like the outcome BUT I know it would work great with frozen, raw shrimp because that's what I used :)

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
Looks delicious...thanks--Lauren LOVES scampi :thumb:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts