Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does any one have recipe for baking cake in bread machine that they don't care to share?
馃尫馃尯
Does anyone ever bake cake in air fryer if so do you have recipe that you would share it would be appricated. Thanks in advance.

Super Moderator
You can bake cake in a bread machine but I think the machine has to have a cake setting.

I've seen recipes for cakes and other baked goods in air fryer books, but never tried them. You would need the right size pan to fit inside the AF, or you could use ramekins or silicone baking cups to make single servings. Air fryers are just little convection ovens so should be able to bake lots of things.

I think I would buy a cheap cake mix and experiment, like a Jiffy mix. Cornbread or any mix that bakes like a cake would work. Even biscuits made from scratch (extra cheap!). It's about the technique, not so much the recipe. If you can bake something in small servings, such as in a ramekin or custard cup or silicone muffin cup, try making one at a time ad see what happens. Make notes of what you do and what happens, so you can remember later what works or doesn't. Baking one at a time means less waste if something doesn't turn out, and more chances to correct as you go. For our countertop convection ovens, we reduce heat to 25 degrees less than the recipe calls for, reduce time by half and start checking for doneness at that point. I would try the same in the AF to start with, if you decide to experiment.

Wish I could be more helpful.

Registered
I have a Zojirushi bread machine and have made this recipe several times. The result is going to be more like pound cake than a layer cake. This cake WILL freeze beautifully.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts