Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Dear Friends,

I am not sure if this is in the right place so Mods please feel free to move or merge. Thanks :)

I really would like to keep track of my baking and motivate myself this month and would love if some of you would join me!! I would love ideas, motivation, recipes, or baking. Have fun.

Yesterday I was exhausted after finishing organizing the pantry and weekend cooking but needed snacks and treats for the kids and DH's lunches, for work. So...fired up the oven and made:

Double Tree Chocolate Chip cookies

No bake chocolate cookies

Brownies

pizza dough for three pizzas and put in the fridge.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Wow, that's great! I'm in. I'm going to use up some bananas tonight and make some banana chocolate chip muffins. They are so yummy. Since I'm single, I'll keep 6 out and freeze 6 for next week. I also found a great recipe for peanut butter brownies so I might make some of those as well.

Happy Baking!

Reactions: HappyMama

·
Registered
451 Posts
I had 7 bananas that were about to go bad, so I made 3 Banana Nut Breads last night and froze them.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Great job!

I love baking! Over the weekend I made my Mom's apple crisp and some cinnamon cream cheese bars.

Right now I have a pan of sweet cornbread in the oven.

Happy Baking!

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Yesterday I made some banana blueberry muffins and choc. chip cookies.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Ok. I am not part of the baking club, YET! lol
But on Saturday, I made two loaves of the Amish Friendship Bread.
On Sunday I made two homemade pizzas.
Today, I have made a loaf of bread, a batch of snickerdoodles, homemade lasanga (froze half), and a pan of key lime bars.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Yesterday, I went baking crazy (for me anyways, at 37weeks preggers). I made triple fudge cookie brownies (totally delicious) and a pie. Tonight I'm making biscuits.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Made a loaf of bread and some peach/blueberry cobbler today..

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Mmmm... everyones treats sound so delicious. Thanks for posting it is keeping me motivated. I love the fall and baking.

Today I am making my individual packets of oatmeal

2 batches of granola ( Making my French Chocolate for one batch and honey almond for the second)

made 2 pizzas for lunch ( from the dough the other day real light and fluffy if I leave to slow rise a few days)

Whole Wheat soft pretzels

and the dough for my cinnamon rolls and bagels

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
I made 2 loaves of my spicy pumpkin bread yesterday ~ I'll put one in the freezer and we'll eat one this week :)

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Today I am using up my bananas and making banana muffins, honey wheat bread , brownies and peanut butter cookies.

Hope everyone has a wonderful week!!

·
Registered
299 Posts
This weekend I made:

Two different batches of Granola

2 Homemade Pizza's

Biscuits

This week I need to use up two dozen eggs so I think I will be baking ALOT.

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Could you tell me how you join the baking club?
Hi Patty,

I became a member by posting on a thread like this last year, so not sure. But please feel free to post on here with your baked goodies and I am sure they will add you.

Blessings and Happy Baking!

Reactions: Patty A

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
I made some banana chocolate chip muffins. A friend got me hooked on spelt flour. It's like whole wheat flour but with 30% more protein. I used some in the muffins and I love it!!

Tonight I think I'm going to make the chewy granola bars that was posted on the site today. Those sound good. I have 2 huge containers of oatmeal to use up.

Happy Baking!

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
I baked a carrot bread -- from scratch! Go me... go me... (I'm never shredding carrots again) go me :cheer4:

·
Registered
841 Posts
I just finished cleaning up the kitchen from making a bunch of chocolate chip oatmeal cookies. They are still warm and so good with a cold glass of milk. Funny none of the family showed up until the first batch came out of the oven!
I bagged 3 dozen for the freezer and have 2 dozen to eat now.
Yummie!

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I made some banana chocolate chip muffins. A friend got me hooked on spelt flour. It's like whole wheat flour but with 30% more protein. I used some in the muffins and I love it!!

Tonight I think I'm going to make the chewy granola bars that was posted on the site today. Those sound good. I have 2 huge containers of oatmeal to use up.

Happy Baking!
Oh I want to try spelt flour! Do you use it like regular?

Lady V your carrot bread sounds delicious! I shred my carrots in the food processor but not sure what is wrong with it anymore it just chops and not shreds...ugh! I give you credit doing by hand.

Nancy I am going to have to bug you for some more recipes...lol

Patty I love putting cookies in the freezer.

Ok everyone... I am having trouble doing multiple quotes...lol help....

Everyones baked goods sound so yummy !! I want to try more baking this weekend. It should be cooler. Though I am thinking of trying to get to the apple farm one last time this year.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts