Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there still one going on?
I need to get some baking done before the holidays, and wondered if anyone wanted to join me?:chef2:
I need to bake about 3 dozen rolls and a couple of french bread.

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Made some homemade chocolate chips for in my cookies

Make homemade slice and bake chocolate chips to bake for tonight and later

A loaf of Italian bread for dinner.

Reactions: frugal me

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How did you make chocolate chips?:listen:
Are they like the semi-sweet?

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
I will join you! I have 2 pumpkin pies in the oven right now. I also want to do pecan, all will go in the freezer for Thanksgiving. I also wanted to start on the Christmas baking.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I'll join you ... I have to deep clean the kitchen first, though. I will be making one trial loaf (new Kitchen Aid mixer and recipe want to try) and a cucumber dill spread for the bread today or tomorrow, and then by the 19th I will need to make them again, and again on the 24th for Thanksgiving. I may change it up again for Christmas, but want to make sure it works first. It will be my first time making bread and first time using my mixer :)

·
Banned
10,457 Posts
This beautiful fall weather has put me in the mood to bake. Not much yet because I don't want to eat it. :laugh:

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Today I baked a homemade pumpkin roll.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Today, I'm trying a new bread recipe for making dinner rolls.
They are rising right now....

·
Registered
4,061 Posts
I would join in but can not get another thing in freezer right now and since i will not be here for thanksgiving i will not be baking very much until around Christmas i like to read about what everyone is baking.

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
Got the pecan pies all done and in the freezer. Not sure whats next, maybe pumpkin muffins.

·
Registered
394 Posts
I just mixed up snickerdoodles and will start baking them in mere minutes. :)

·
Registered
394 Posts
I think I will be making brownies tonight. :)

·
Registered
4,061 Posts
I said i would not be baking until around Christmas i baked a cake Tuesday and made room and put 9 pieces in freezer.I plan on baking a pumpkin pie tomorrow but that want go in freezer.

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Yesterday I baked a banana cake it turned out great! Yum!

·
Registered
394 Posts
Chocolate chip cookies in the oven...made with milk chocolate chips instead of semi-sweet. Rare for me to use milk chocolate....but my son requested them.

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
Its been warm here, will start again when it cools off. I want to try the assembly line that Sara posted, so I can bake them all at one time.

·
Registered
12,986 Posts
Chocolate chip cookies in the oven...made with milk chocolate chips instead of semi-sweet. Rare for me to use milk chocolate....but my son requested them.
Will be interested to see if you like them as well as ones made with the semi-sweet.

I did that one time when I didn't have any semi-sweet and I thought it made them too sweet. The 'semi' sort of cuts the sweetness.

I made some loaf breads today...........lemon poppy seed, and a berry one..........using some of my huckleberries I picked this summer.

I use the smaller loaf pans. A great individual size...............unless you start eating it while still warm!!!! :thud: The berry one is about half gone!!

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Today I'm baking a homemade bread to go with our dinner.
It's rising right now.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts