Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just told you can bake in a crock pot....I am very interested in finding out about this. We are currently living in a rv and I'm not having any luck with the propane oven. Thanks!

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
There originally was an aluminum pan, an insert, for baking. I had one for years, never used it, and got rid of it.

Acc. to an article at about dot com, you need the manufacturer's baking insert to do baking.

But here's an article that uses a trivet and water to back bread in a crock:
Recipenet "The crock pot: an alternative bread machine"

IHTH!

Judi

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
I made some bread pudding in the crockpot one time is was really good. I can't remember where I got the recipe from, but if you googled crockpot baking or something like that you could probably find a bunch of tasty ideas.

·
4,028 Posts
Nice link to the Crock Pot Bread recipe... I'll put that on my ever growing list of things to bake. :D

Reactions: Labontet

·
Registered
948 Posts
Yes! I do it all the time with great success.

here is a link for lots of cakes and desserts.

Here is a cheap recipe using tomato cans for bread. I've made this a few times, def. not my favorite but worth trying.

I'll try this recipe next week Judi. Thank you!

the crockpot inserts look like this. I found mine at a thrift store for $1. they don't make them anymore.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.