Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you handle meetings and issues that need cleared up? Some ex could be like the time ds was out sick w/a dr excuse and was not allowed to make up his work or the normal parent teacher meetings.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
We have a family calendar posted in the kitchen and everyone has a color. Each person's appts get written on a sticker of their color and posted to the calendar. It keep it clean and organized so it doesn't get all sloppy and hard to read. I put appts in my Blackberry for myself, but this could also be handled with a small purse sized calendar.

I keep a running "to do" list in my BB also, but again this could be done on paper. I just like to keep it with me since I usually remember things that need to be done while in traffic or a waiting room.

One more thing, and this might just be me...I notate everything that needs to be done even the simple things, so I don't get so bogged down on a complicated task/appt and forget the little things.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
i am lucky i can try to work my schedule around it if its a have to be at situation . sometimes if i need a meeting with a teacher about something i do it via email or on phone. ( sometimes i make dh to it from work LOL )

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Ok, so I was multi-tasking and totally didn't answer your question...lol.

As far as schedule conflicts for meetings and such, here's my take...teachers/admins should be available via email. Realistically, there will be time conflicts and your child shouldn't have to suffer because of it.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
most schools do encourage email or voice mail communication IE i would have sent an email or left a VM for the teacher re the work not being allowed to be made up- it might have been a misunderstanding - maybe since it wasnt a graded work and was reviewed when your child was back in class they said they didnt need to be done .

if it was a graded etc item many times an email communication gives you good documentation so that its allowed because you can show the emails to a higher up if things dont work out in the end.

our kids school expects that someone comes and gets the childs work to be done at home while they are out or it get sent home either by a friend neighbor etc when we call them in sick we tell them to send it homem with so and so .

i am not a fan of that getting better sometimes takes time but thats what they do .

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My work is not flexible at all which causes a problem. I do have e-mail and use it. Sometimes that is enough but sometimes it isn't.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I am lucky to work in a school, and have been allowed to leave if I have to meet with a teacher (I work in an elementary school and my boys were in middle/high school).
I know that in our schools, email is a big help.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts