Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My boyfriend and I were thinking about driving down to Baltimore tomorrow. I've been to the aquarium once back in school and he's never been to the city at all. Are there any 'must see' things to do in October? Or does anyone have an tips/suggestions?

·
Registered
8,566 Posts
Are you kidding? There's TONS of things to do. More than you can in one day...

- The Aquarium, of course (but skip the Science Museum on the other side of the harbor) - but it's expensive
- The B&O Railroad Museum - it's much cheaper
- Fells Point for Lunch/Drinks (maybe - its fratboyish)
- Ft. McHenry for history
- Just walking around the inner harbor
- If you're pervy, Baltimore St. ("the block")

Are you into art? Couple galleries...

Reactions: Rhayne

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are you kidding? There's TONS of things to do. More than you can in one day...

- The Aquarium, of course (but skip the Science Museum on the other side of the harbor) - but it's expensive
- The B&O Railroad Museum - it's much cheaper
- Fells Point for Lunch/Drinks (maybe - its fratboyish)
- Ft. McHenry for history
- Just walking around the inner harbor
- If you're pervy, Baltimore St. ("the block")

Are you into art? Couple galleries...
I knew there was tons to do there. Just wanted to know if someone had an insiders point of view. We don't wanna do the aquarium and we aren't too into art. The railroad museum sounds fun though as does Ft. Mchenry.

We're going to dinner at OBrycki's.

·
Registered
8,566 Posts
I'm not familiar with OBrycki's, sorry. There's a tavern we love, though - The Hamilton Tavern - on Harford Rd, which is nice and quiet, and has a limited but very tasty menu. :)

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm not familiar with OBrycki's, sorry. There's a tavern we love, though - The Hamilton Tavern - on Harford Rd, which is nice and quiet, and has a limited but very tasty menu. :)
We were watching a show called Man vs Food last night and the guy was in Baltimore. Obrycki's is suppose to have the best crabs ever. We were thinking of a day trip before seeing the show and afterwards my boyfriend was like "lets go there". We LOVE seafood.

·
Registered
8,566 Posts
I'm sorry that Ceashels and I are busy all day tomorrow (our annual Halloween party) or we would offer to show you around town. :(

·
Registered
8,566 Posts
That's ok. We'll just crash your party! Just kidding.
Come on over. We need more targets for the Rotten Pumpkin Toss.

:D

·
4,028 Posts
YAY! more visitors to the dungeon!

Baltimore is awesome. There are a lot of little museums too like the Babe Ruth House. Babe Ruth Birthplace and Sports Legends Museums: Babe Ruth Birthplace Museum

Poe is buried at Westminster Hall and on Halloween they have guided tours of the catacombs and story tellers in the graveyard. Awesome event and put on by the UMaB Law School

The old Baltimore Shot Tower... You'll see it while you roam around the inner harbor.

Camden Yards. Even though there isn't a game (I don't think) it really is a gorgeous park even the outside.

The Constellation is docked here in the harbor too. You can't miss it but it is a little pricey and they put up a stupid small visitor's center right in front of it so you can't see it all for the splendor that she is.
USS Constellation - Docked in the Baltimore Inner Harbor

As Greebo said, Fort McHenry (my favorite place) you can take a picnic lunch and eat on the ramparts.

And the B&O Railroad museum and roundhouse. I really enjoy this place. You can also take a ride on the oldest railroad track in American history. I'm not sure it it goes all the way to Ellicott Station or not but if you have the time for a quick mile see if you can work it in. Baltimore & Ohio Railroad Museum

Reactions: Rhayne

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
I've only been to Baltimore once, but Ft. McHenry was so interesting. Be SURE you sit through the movie all the way until the end in the Visitor Center.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
i want to do a day trip some time in the spring or summer - i have never been to the aquarium .

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.