Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, we need a separate forum for rescuing failed experiments! :smhelp:

I made a banana loaf with splenda, froze it the 22 of August. Took it out for company today. Thankfully it was a close friend! It was oooooh soooo drrryyyyy. Any ideas how I can turn this into a decent snack/dessert? I so do not want to toss a whole banana loaf!

Thanks!

Jean

·
8,714 Posts
~My mom turns her dried zucchini bread into bread pudding. It's really yummy, just don't sweeten the liquid as much as you would for bread.~

·
4,028 Posts
I was thinking along the bread pudding idea as well or crumble it and put it in a trifle.

Reactions: peanut

·
Registered
16,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks everyone. I think I'm going to try the trifle idea. I have 3 egg yolks that need to be made into custard...and we'll see if I add a raspberry sauce to it or not. Hmmm... My son-in-law suggested soaking it in rum! LOL

Jean

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
When all else fails and that otherwise yummy snack bread dries out...

I heat it up, scoop some vanilla ice cream on it and watch it melt. Who needs brownies??? :lol:

·
Registered
316 Posts
Put some butter on it and toast in a frying pan. Yummy! Or maybe a little caramel ice cream topping and pecans for a decadent dessert.

·
Registered
16,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well you'll laugh. In the end we poured some 15 year old Grand Marnier on it and zapped it in the microwave to warm it. Then topped it with vanilla ice-cream. It was delicious!

Jean

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
LOL, I was gonna say rum. Bananas, rum, what's not to like.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
We stayed at a B&B on time and they served us french toast using banana bread. IT was yummy.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts