Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
8,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okey, please tell me that some of you also love peanut butter and banana sandwiches. I went to the store Saturday and bought some bread, PB and bananas. When I went to the check out the girl looked at me like I was nuts. I love banana sandwiches and I know there are more people out there that eat them then just me.

Is it just a regional/southern thing or what? Who else likes them?
Please tell me I am not alone here....:D

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
I LOVE PB & BANANA SANDWICHES!!!!!!

and peanut butter & pickle...
and banana & mayonaisse...
and peanut butter & onion...

so yeah - Kat - it's a freak thing - just me & you babe!! :toothy:

·
Registered
8,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I like them with mayo too, but I think that maybe why I got the weird look. I had Pringles, Mayo, PB, Bread and Banana's....lol

I think I would give me a weird look too :toothy:

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
Me too :wave: Me too :wave: I love PB and Naner sandwiches. :hungry: I might have to run to the store for some PB and naners today. I had not thought about them in a long time but now my mouth is watering for one. :D

·
Registered
8,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I love tomato sandwiches too, in fact I ate them yesterday. I"ll have to try onion on it next time.

My dad eats cucumber sandwiches, and he's even eaten pineapple sandwiches before.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Love um!!!:D

Also love Cuke sandwiches, Baked bean & onion sandwiches.

Tomato, onion & cuke together.

Great eating, Ladies! :D :D :D

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka AmyBob
5,738 Posts
Here's one for ya....

Try grilling your PB sandwich.  Yes, grilling it just like grilled cheese.  The PB gets all warm and gooey & it's just wonderful. 

My favorite is peanut butter and honey.

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
mmmmmm.......bologna, tomato, and onion.....just a little mayo....mmmmmm......fresh bread......mmmmm :lip:

·
Registered
5,360 Posts
Peanut butter and banana is a CLASSIC!!!!! My neighbor had a bunch of bananas left over after a run up at Sun Peaks, and she was going to be making a bunch. Everybody here eats them except me cause I'm allergic to peanut butter but I have a good memory and they tasted WONDERFUL.

Wish I could try grilling them, sounds lovely.

Ditto loving those tomatoe and cucumber type sandwichs. they are truly the joy of summer!!! (with a little crm cheese and mayo!)

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
See, you're not alone. I enjoy peanut butter and banana sandwiches along with the rest of you! Peanut butter and honey is awesome too! We used to put our PB sandwiches in the toaster oven. Yummy!

·
Registered
201 Posts
AmyMCGS said:
Here's one for ya....

Try grilling your PB sandwich.  Yes, grilling it just like grilled cheese.  The PB gets all warm and gooey & it's just wonderful. 

My favorite is peanut butter and honey.

:hungry: Both are standards in our house! :D

My mom used to make peanut butter & marshmellow fluff sandwiches for us.... I think the official name is "Fluffer Nutters" (?). I'm thinking maybe throw in some banana slices with that one and you'll have a true culinary delight. :laugh: :hungry:

·
Registered
8,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
my stepfather loves PB & Fluff sandwiches. Although now Debbie has me wanting a bologna and onion sandwich. Shame on you Debbie. Now I have to go to the store...lol

·
Registered
325 Posts
Wasn't Elvis Presley's favorite sandwich was a fried peanut butter and banana sandwich?

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
I love banana sandwiches and I love peanut butter sandwiches but I've never had them together!:D But there's always a first time!!!
Julia

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
i too love pb and bananna and grew up on fluffer nutter sammies..has any one eaten spagettie sandwich..we used to make them as a kid..its just spagettie(dont know why i cant spell)and bread.

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
I lllloooovvvveeee peanut butter and banana sandwiches.....I could eat only them forever. I have at least two or more a week...lol....yummy.... ok, I'm coming down there and I'm bringing the pb and bananas, Kat!!!

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Peanut butter and banana sandwiches are comfort foods!!!!:toothy:

I also love grilled cheese and tomato sandwiches.

·
Heather Bob
7,312 Posts
Yup, I love them too! Haven't had one in a LONG time...thanks for the reminder. My aunt who I lived with when I went to college introduced me to this yummy sandwich!:)

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
maaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnn - the injustice of it all......

I used all of my nannies in the nannie puddin' I made for the 4th....

I really don't want to go to the commissary....but....a gal's gotta do what a gal's gotta do! :toothy:

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
ya know Kat - I too could go for a bologna & onion sandwich too.....

hmmm....

nannies & peanut butter or bologna & onion........

maybe a bologna & onion sandwich for dinner with a PBNannie sandwich for dessert.....mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.......works for me!! :D

1 - 20 of 26 Posts