Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
(or something much stronger...)

We were off this evening...DH got in the car, turned the key it turned over and then quit. His guess is that it's the timing belt, and we're PRAYING it didn't affect the valves.

So, tomorrow I am getting a ride from a neighbor at 6:40 a.m. to the local town where there's a rentacar agency. The agency doesn't open until 8:30, but the bagel shop does, so I'll hang out there (it's across the street) until I can get to pick up a car.

Sigh.

It happens, but it's never a good thing when it does, 'eh?

Better in the driveway than 1/2 to VT, where we were headed, that would have been worse!

Judi

·
Registered
469 Posts
Prayers for an easy, affordable fix. I certainly remember the days of having a car with almost constant issues. You have my compassion.

I just got my current car out of the shop today for an $800 door ding. :cry: A grocery cart sailed across a windy parking lot and crashed into the side of my SUV. Thank God for emergency funds (and insurance!).

Hoping the best for you. Fingers crossed!

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
Aww Judi, sorry to hear this but like you I'm glad it happened before you got going. Saying a prayer you can get it fixed quickly and painlessly.

Cat

·
27,948 Posts
"Timing" is everything. Sorry, couldn't help it :D Glad it didn't happen away from home & hope that your repair is managable.

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
Sorry to hear that Judi! I am glad you weren't out on the road when it died though. Hoping for a cheap fix for you! :hugz:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.