Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tracy, how is your son doing in bootcamp? It won't be long and he will be a Marine instead of a recruit! I know you have to be very excited and proud of him!! I think of him form time to time. Let him know he is in my prayers. I know Marine bootcamp is a killer!! He is going to love MCT!!!

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka TraciBob
1,840 Posts
He is doing pretty good. He had a bought with being sick, but he sucked it up and just hung in there. So far he has qualified on everything that he needs to do to graduate, so that is a big relief. He still hates it there, and can't wait until he can come home. He had to have teeth pulled this week. I am hoping that he is doing ok with that. Poor kid! It is a shame that just because he has his wisdom teeth, they feel the need to pull them. Only 24 more days until we get to see him. His letters have dropped off so I am a little antsy about not knowing what is going on with him. I am down to one letter a week. He is starting phase 3 so it is all downhill from there. He will start the crucible on Aug. 30, you please keep him in your prayers for that.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Thank you to you and your families for your service I really appreciate it!

Kind Regards,
leezza

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tracy~I know when Richard started phase 3, we never received another letter, but we did receive a phone call during phase 3 to let us know how things were going. I still continued to send mail to him though. I didn't want him to think we weren't thinking of him. Afterwards, he said that they were too busy and tired to write during phase 3. So if you don't receive a letter, know he is ok, just busy and very tired! My motto was "no news is good news!"

I know bootcamp is tough and I know Richard hated it too, but once he is out it gets better. Tell him to hang in there, it is almost over!! He can do it!!

Richard was lucky when it came to having his wisdom teeth pulled. He still has his. They didn't pull them because they said they were straight and would not do any future damage. Some get to keep theirs and others have to have theirs pulled. I guess it all depends on if they see any future problems down the road as to whether or not they pull them.

I will keep your son in my prayers during the Crucible. I know it is extremely hard, but if he can make it through that, he is almost done!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts