Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever used a product called "Barricade"? It is a floating subfloor system consisting of 2'X2' tongue and groove tiles that lock together. It's OBS on the top and blue styrofoam underneath.

We've priced them out and the regular price is only slightly more than building a subfloor with 2x3s and plywood, but it should save significant time and looks like a higher R value. They are actually on sale starting tomorrow, which brings the overall expected cost down to just slightly less than building from scratch.

I couldn't find many opinions online, wondered if anyone here had ever used it and had any problems.

·
Registered
480 Posts
thanks for the link. I purchased Dricore a few years ago for my basement after doing a complete demo right after I moved into my home. I still had it stacked in a corner of the basement until just a few days ago: did not want to rebuild the basement at all until I determined there were no leaks for at least 3 years of all four seasons. Am glad I did that, and now can build. YEAH!

Cannot believe how just by laying the Dricore over the cement the basement already feels like a room. There were a few places I needed to use shims, but it has worked out nicely. I will be working on the basement in the Spring after I have an electrician re-wire the house.
Good luck on your project

1 - 3 of 3 Posts