Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How often do you bath your pets and how often do you clean their bedding?

We never bath the cats and I never want to either. They sleep anywhere they feel like, usually someones bed, so there is no special "bedding" to clean. The cats keep themselves clean and they never smell. Litter boxes get cleaned whenever they need it. I can't stand dirty litter boxes.

The dogs are another story all together. If there is a pile of poop anywhere nearby they feel compelled to go roll in it and then come see me. I bath them about every 4 to 6 weeks in the cold months and occassionally wipe them down with baby wipes in between. I keep blankets on the floors in 2 rooms for them to nap on and I do keep the couches covered with sheets when we aren't on them to keep the dog hair off the furniture as much as possible. I was the sheets and blankets every other week, at least. I can't stand dog hair on my furniture! I do vac the furniture at least every other week as well in case any dog hair snuck past the sheets and landed there.

Personally I think I should skip the furniture and just vac those dogs :toothy:

How about you?

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Baby, our dog, only gets a bath every 3 months. She lives outside. Kricket, our cat, gets a bath every month, she lives inside. She is allergic to flea collars, flea spray, etc etc. So she gets washed with a flea shampoo that is only left on for two minutes. She loves her bath time. All you have to do is say, Kricket, let's take a bath, and she jumps up to the kitchen sink. That's my girl.......:D

·
Registered
6,462 Posts
We wash our dogs every three or four weeks - I wash their bedding when I wash them. I stopped using flea collars as I don't like the idea of them having poison stuck around their necks 24/7. I do use Advantage Duo which is a flea/tick/heartworm thing.
We wash our cat every couple of months, or when we can catch her. She hates baths. She gets the cat version of Advantage Duo. Her bedding is washed when I wash the dogs' bedding.

I never let our animals on the furniture or the beds, in fact, when our cat jumped up on the kitchen bench, she was banished outside and she's never been inside since. :)

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
We bath the westie every Saturday. The dobies get baths when it is warm only about 3 times a year. We wipe them down with baby wipes in between as needed. The cats only get baths when they get fleas. Usually that is in the fall. They sleep wherever they want and let us sleep in our beds when it suits them.:toothy: I have covers on all the furnature and it gets washed weekly.

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
Gypsy gets a bath every Sunday or when she is going to a show. She has a lot of white on her, so she looks dirty quickly.

Our cats just bathe themselves.

I wash the bedding weekly too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts