Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our bathroom is fairly dated and it was time to take on a few simple night and weekend projects to give the bathroom a more contemporary feel. Here are the projects we’ll be looking at:

Paint the base cabinet
Give the rest of the room a fresh coat of paint
Replace the old light fixture
Hang a new mirror
And add some new accessories

·
Registered
9,541 Posts
It's amazing what new paint and towels can do for a bathroom. I just finished re-painting mine last weekend. Good luck with yours.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
We plan our next project to be painting and changing the hardware in our hall bath. It has great bones and the previous owner changed out the faucet. The paint job just leaves something to be desired and the color is blah.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Yup....you really don't always have to spend $1,000 to make things look great. As a matter of fact, I like to challenge myself that way. Gives my imagination something to do, and puts me on a "mission"....lol!

Our hallway bathroom is ready to be up-dated again too. My list also includes painting the base cabinet and replacing the hardware as well. I'm also wanting to paint the counter top. I am a little nervous about that part, but the rustoleum site has awesome ideas for using their products. So.....

Anyways, would love to see some before/after pics. Btw though, what product and color are you going with for the base?

Enjoy your new bathroom. I'm sure it'll be great!

Theresa :)

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah, all suggestions are useful for me.

and next, I wanna make wall decoration, personally, i prefer wall paper, is that good?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Jeccyka, in bathroom I feel wall stickers would look much better than wall paper. If you are so particular on using wall paper go for lighter shades. Please check out this site for wall sticker collections. www.voilastickers.com. They have removable stickers which can be changed in future.

·
Registered
933 Posts
At our other house we refaced our vanity with some trim work, painted it out, a new counter top, and new hardware and it made such a difference. Didn't cost very much either. We did it a little at a time. We also painted the paneling which brightened up the room. I tell ya paint is cheap and it sure can make a difference in a room. Good luck with your project.

Reactions: jeccyka

·
Registered
20 Posts
Our bathroom is fairly dated and it was time to take on a few simple night and weekend projects to give the bathroom a more contemporary feel. Here are the projects we’ll be looking at:

Paint the base cabinet
Give the rest of the room a fresh coat of paint
Replace the old light fixture
Hang a new mirror
And add some new accessories
Very much eager to see your bathroom pics, can you please post some of them???

1 - 9 of 9 Posts