Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a secret. I have bottles, boxes, baggies, and containers of beads all over the place. I love making bracelets, earrings, beading crochet items, and on and on. I can't wait for other ideas and links to flow into the new forum :yippee:

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i cringe when hobby lobby has a 1/2 off bead sale because i just gotta go, lol :toothy:

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
Missy, so does dd. She absolutely loves beads and has them stored everywhere in her room. Her dad even had to make a special box just for her beads.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Ohhh I have a huge collection of beads just sitting in my closet. I should dust that box off and start using them again... but what to make??;)

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
I have a "few" beads here too! I really need to make time to make a necklace and a bracelet, I keep putting it off. I found a bead store while on vacation last week in Maine, and I spent an hour in there. I lost track of time and "forgot" Mike was waiting for me in the car--oops! I got some cool beads, hoping to make a necklace with them.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Do you shop on-line? Can you recommend a cheap Bead web page?
I don't live close to anything and don't go to "The City" very often.
Thanks,
lacyj

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
I shop at firemountaingems.com and 2beadornot2bead.com

I think both of these have a great selection and decent prices.

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I just go to the places here in town, as far as I know they don't have online outlets (the particular stores i go to). I don't shop online all that often. I did lose myself in a store here called bead town lol, dh took the kids across the street ot a ice cream place and waited on me. LOL. :D

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
I don't have a lot of beads anymore but I have been making earrings for the Cheerleaders and bracelets for the Mom's club.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
I'm new to beading and I think I'm IN!!

Made a really cool beaded bookmark. It was so easy even an uncrafty girl like me could get creative. Doesn't get much cooler than that!

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It's alot of fun and i see results rather quickly so I enjoy it.

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
I haven't ever tried beading but while sorting out the craft room I found "how to" books and lots of beads and a beadwork kit. I just love sewing and quilting and now learning to crochet. I think I will sit down and try to do it and see how it goes and then decide but think I will need a pair of glasses first, lol.

I have lots of beads from Fire Mountain Gems that my MIL bought. I went there online yesterday and ordered their new catalog for free. Says it has over 600 pages! I'm hoping to find out what some of the beads are called as the packages are not marked.

·
Registered
34 Posts
beads-luv em them!

Beads are like " eye" candy to me. I can't get thru walmart, michael's or my beading catalogs without drooling! I found a site that has good prices on charms, but not much of a selection. Now just getting started is my problem. I am still trying to figure out how to corrdiante my beads, charms ect. into book marks bracelets ect. Tara

·
Registered
445 Posts
I want to make beaded lamp shade trims and can only find pictures, anyone know of any pattern sites?
Here are some pics. Sorry it's catty wampus..

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
I have patterns for those shades in my victorian and silk embroiderie books. I have been beading tops with crystal and glass beads for years and I make metaphysical based beaded chains and ankle bracelets - my secret weird activity.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
I haven't done any beading in years! the last time was with an indian friend of mine and we made a small business making traditionally made hair clips and things on leather.

but I found a book of crafty how tos and go the urge to bead again!!! oh great another hobby. My mom has the beads in storage so when she gets into that corner (its with the fabric I have been harassing her about lol) I can havbe my beads back .

christine

1 - 20 of 20 Posts