Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I saw a 25lb bag for $16.95 on Kidney and Navy beans That sounds like a good deal to me. What do you think?

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
That is a good price, I buy mine at 24.00 for 25 pounds but it is from my Garden of Eden organic. It is the only company that has been consistent quality for me, so I continue to order theirs through my co-op.

Reactions: Trishagirl

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
I get mine in 1 lb bags (actually 500g which is like 1.1 lbs to be exact) and the cheapest I've paid in the past year is the following:

Chickpeas: 41 cents
Navy beans: 1.00

Yellow split peas: 93 cents
Black eyed peas: 79 cents

Brown lentils: 68 cents

I also buy black beans, red kidney beans, and red lentils, but I don't have prices on hand for those. In general though it looks I pay an average of 69 cents per pound which is about the same or a cent or two higher than what you found.

·
4,028 Posts
I think that is a great price! I can find 1 lb bags for approx $1 - $1.25. Anything I find under a dollar is a sale.

·
Registered
960 Posts
That's a great price, especially for kidney beans. They are seldom under $1.00 for a one pound bag here.

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
Great price ...go for it!!!:coffee3:

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How do you store your beans? Do you keep them in 5lb buckets or something else?

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
How do you store your beans? Do you keep them in 5lb buckets or something else?

Yes, that is how I store mine in the pantry, and glass gallon or smaller jars in the kitchen.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts