Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heather

I used to buy Biore because I had realllllly deep and painful acne caused by my work conditions (pottery--lots of dirt)

Until one day I ran across a site (can't remember it now) but I tried a tip they gave....

Instead of buying fancy facial cleaners, use a little shampoo (which is geared to break down body oil and dirt) on the tips of your fingers....thoroughly scrub face with finger tips (not wash cloth...this will dry your face out) and rinse. Use olive oil to moisturize and voila...beauty on a dime.

IT WORKS! I only have out breaks when it's close to my monthly now and they don't get anywhere near as bad as they used to. I used to get 5 or 6 at a time on my neck alone!!! They were soooo deep they hurt! It was horrible and the biore didn't do 1/2 as good a job as my cheapy regime!

Try it...if you're worried about the olive oil being greasy and blocking your pores...don't...It soaks into your skin in about 5 minutes and doesn't feel oily.

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
This is a great tip! I'm going to try it. :D

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
Thanks!!!! :)

I had been feeling sooo desperate to try something for my blackheads, so I just decided to 'break the bank' just to try to help get those suckers out :D I notice with the strips, if I do it right, they get helped out a bit, but maaaaaaaaaan does it hurt!!! :eek:

The toner was something I hadn't purchased for years, not even the cheapy kinds and man did my face feel better after using it..

I'll definitly try the shampoo/olive oil thing :) I'm up for experimenting with anything to save money.
I was also thinking about trying olive oil for me feet since they dry out bad, would that work at all?

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Try it...can't hurt! Basically the olive oil seals in the moisture. Make sure you drink lots of H20!!

It may take about a week for you to see major results, but it really makes a difference!!!

·
Registered
5,500 Posts
Thanks Gracie! I have the same kind of skin! UGH! I was always told, "it will go away when you get older"......I am older and still waiting! :bang: I guess I can take comfort in the fact that you can't get acne when you're dead, so Eventually I will be rid of it! :toothy: Just kiddin

I will definitely try this!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts