Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wasn't sure just where to put this....

I'm interested in becoming a teacher (elementary/special ed) and I'm currently in school. I haven't started taking any education classes I still need to finish up some pre req. classes.

It will about two more years and I will be finished with school.

For those of you who are teachers what things did you do to prepare for this career? Are there any books, websites, etc you can recommend. I have a friend who teaches middle school and she has a ton of children's books - did you start collecting them early for your classes?

I have played around and looked at a few websites and they have neat ideas...should I start keeping these lesson plans for ideas later?

Thanks for any advice!! :D

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Daphne, I too teach EC students. It is one of the most rewarding jobs you'll ever do. Yes collect them, and go to the schools and tell them you are interested in watching one of the EC classes. Most EC Teacher would love for you to come in and just hang out and get the feel of what goes on in an EC classroom. Some schools will even hire you as you are going to school.

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you! I am putting in an application tonight (online) for a teacher's aide position. Hopefully I will be able to get some experience. :D

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
Good luck Daphne !!!!!! I love Teachers !!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thank you!

·
Moderator aka AmyBob
12,040 Posts
Daphne, There are many great websites out there to help you out. Some of my favorites are educationworld.com and lessonplans.com IF you go to google and just type in "lesson plans" or "Elementary Education", etc. , you'll find great stuff!

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you! I'll check those websites. :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts