Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not a pleasant topic but 4 bed bugs were found in my daughters room today. My wife is freaked out. We had a service come in and search the house ($250). They said they only found them (dead) in my daughters room and on a chair that she likes in the living room. Obviously we are going to take care of the problem but I'm looking for a little advice on price.
We have an enormous house and usually vendors see that and raise prices accordingly. I don't know if that's the case here or not.
The price for two rooms is $1,100. Or the whole house for $2,800. 60 day warranty.
We can get more quotes but I feel time is of the essence and each person charges to "sweep" the house for bugs.
Seems high to me but I have no point of reference. I'm in a VHCOL area in NJ. Your thoughts are appreciated.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Bed bugs are really a annoying things. If you're only two weeks in then your infestation may not be large but I'd take it very seriously. The process to get rid of an infestation is pretty tough, and will get tougher every day. You may not need heat treatment because it's expensive but can use this bed bug foggers which works well for bed bug.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts