Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally the bedroom is done. It has been a long 2 months and I am certainly glad it is over with. Today we will spend the day cleaning the entire house as there is dirt every where. Now I know why people move out when they do a major remodel job.

Some during and after pictures...do not have any before ..sorry forgot to take those.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
More during

some more during

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
after

Here are the after picture...still need to decorate yet.
You can see the new rug in the picture with the crock. I got that crock at an auction for $40, it is a 20 gallon one and I use it for dirty clothes in the bedroom..lol

·
Premium Member
9,446 Posts
It looks great!!! I love the color on the walls and the idea of the antique crock for a hamper :thumb:

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
explaination

In the 2nd group of pictures, the first one is me during the sanding of the drywall and I am covered in dust from head to foot as you can see by my face,,it has white patches on it, lol

The 2nd picture I am painting the ceiling...geez what a pain..give me the trim to paint any day.

The 3rd is the new wall color, it is called Meadow.

In the third group of pictures, the 1st is the tv cabinet that would never fit in this room before.
The 2nd is our bed with our old quilt, not happy with the way the quilt looks with the new color, so I will find a new quilt.
The 3rd is the new rug and my crock.

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
I have that color in my kitchen and family room. So I must like it. NIce job on the remodel. We are going to do ours when dh gets out of school.

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
What did you do? Meaning did you redo drywall/insulation/paint and expand? I'm trying to ask what needed to be remodelled. Love the color. It's similar to the color in my bedroom too. :) The crock is lovely. It must be so rewarding to do it yourself. :)

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Wow, nice job! It looks great. I totally love the color you chose. It looks so warm and inviting. Must feel great to know you did it yourself, what a great acomplishment!

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
I think you did a fantastic job of remodeling!!

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
It looks great! That looked like a major project, you did a wonderful job!

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
Great job! It looks wonderful.

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
Wow I love it! You did a wonderful job :)

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
So nice, a wonderful retreat for you!!!

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
In the 2nd group of pictures, the first one is me during the sanding of the drywall and I am covered in dust from head to foot as you can see by my face,,it has white patches on it, lol

I couldn't find the picture, but I can relate. I'm the spackler at my house too. (DH doesn't have the patience) I hate the mess. If I was really good I wouldn't have to sand. I always end up sanding. It comes out smooth in the end but what a messto get there. I've taken to wrapping my hair completely as the dust just sucks the moisture out of it.

You've done a wonderful job!!! I love the color.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts