Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
This is worrying but not really any surprise.

If you have read "Fast Food Nation" by Eric Schlosser, you'd know what REALLY happens in abbatoirs and the risks associated with purchasing supermarket bought meat in the US. I reckon what he discovered pretty much goes for most countries in the world, not just the US. AFter reading this book I was pretty much put off a lot of different meats for life.

Excellent reading - highly recommend it. You can find a copy in most public libraries.

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
I agree, it's a big problem but not a surprise. I just hope this can end and everyone can stop getting sick from something that should be tested for before giving to the public.

·
Registered
818 Posts
This is something that has worried me for years. I have been slowly making meat a smaller item on out food list, but this everything now. With all the problems with food in the past few years, I don't think it's going to get any better before it gets worse.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
I have told my husband after all the recalled food the past year that we should seriously consider becoming self-sufficient farmer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts