Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.

I dont know where to begin....I have 75 days sober today, am finally working steps, and am on step two-three.Phil and I are together 8 months, STBX separated for 9 and 1/2 months.My STBX and his girlfriend ( my former BFF)had a baby monday this week by emergency c section, baby a "tweenie" according to my ex, just shy of needing an incubator.Trying to see from his perspective and not feel resentful.I know I played a huge part in his leaving and getting with Jenn,and that this course of events is exactly what is supposed to be happening according to God's plan. not my own, I am powerless.

Gabe is still not eating and on PEG tube in his belly now.Kira is finishing up first grade.They will meet their half brother this weekend.I can't even go on facebook, mutual friends comment onhis page and pictures and i get emotional about it,have feelings about it and even think of closing my facebook again as I did when we separated.I canot get away from him.Who really needs facebook anyway?

I will have 90 days june 25th.I have a sponser, tho she doesnt always call me back or answer my calls and am already thinking of switching to a woman who has a lot of years clean tho I like my sponser and liked my temporary before, I guess it takes time to find a good matchup.

I have bad sciatica, tho am still doing kung fu regardless, and have gotten my second stripe on white belt which means after the next stripe I will test for my next level which is white sash.I have been back at the school for a little over two months.My daughter is taking king fu too.It is a passion of mine along with painting and yoga.I need to make some time for painting.i do yoga in the morning when I get up tho the sciatica prevents me from doing suryamanaskar( sunsalute).I am being treated by a chiropractor,all of this is hard to afford and Phil helps me a lot financially.I hope my back and sciatica feel better soon chiro is expensive, 60 a visit.My SSI covers kung fu and chiro and not much else.I use some of gabie's ssi for car insurance and gas.I go back and forth between gabes account and mine for cell phone, have recently signed up for assurance wireless.I also need to stop buying books, as I can get them in library.I need to be more mindful of spending tho I am not living above my means I am not below either and need to dig in and live below my means so I can save a little.

at any rate thats where I am at,hope evryone is doing well-

Patty

·
Moderator aka AmyBob
12,038 Posts
Glad to have you back, Patty! Congrats on your 75 days! It's so hard, and you are doing so well! Congrats, also on your belt for Kung Fu! Excellent work!!!

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
Glad to see you back Patty! So much has gone on but it sounds like you are doing well. Congrats on the 75 days and for doing great in Kung Fu!! :)

·
Registered
12,986 Posts
Congrats on EVERYTHING that you have been doing. :tay:

All sounds pretty positive.....and you are heading in a great direction....and working to improve your future.

Keep up the good work.............

Get a sponsor you like..........or who responds to your needs......SOON! From watching a couple of friends, my understanding is that they can really help you through the
'rough spots'..........in case you encounter any!!

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Congratulations on the 75 days and the kung fu belt!

If Facebook is causing you stress, shut it down!

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Congratulations!! 75 days is great. You need to make sure to get another sponsor if the one you have is not working for you.

Good luck to you and here's to another 75 days!!!:grwave:

·
Registered
232 Posts
Congrats on your accomplishments!! One day at a time, heck take it one minute at a time if you got to :) The longest journey begins with the first step ;) You can do this!! You are awesome and you rock! Never forget that :)

·
19,119 Posts
Patty - so great to hear from you and congrats on all that you are accomplishing. Stay in touch and we'll sweep you along with our energy!! You are doing to many good things now - don't forget to breath fully too.

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
Screw Facebook, taking care of yourself is more important. :)

HUGS and welcome back!!

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
COngratulations on being sober, and I am gald that you are getting on the right healthy track.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Congrats!! ...and you are now at 82 days and counting.

If you haven't already closed your Facebook account, just stay away from it. you want to stay in a positive place which allows for your forward movement.

Congrats on the Kung Fu

·
Registered
139 Posts
Wow 75 days is a great start Patty, congrats! I have been 5yrs recovering addict/acholalic please you just do one day at atime we;re here for you Patty Welcome back. PM me if you need someone to talk to .

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
been in a bit of a depression...am isolated no one answering the phone from the rooms.Need a new sponser called she hasnt called back I mentioned I was going in a downward spiral on my message....Have 90 days today.started with worry about my fathers failing health now Im stuck in a rut.

patty

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Patty, when that happens you need to find a meeting and not drink before you get there. Hugs.

Reactions: ladykemma2

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Hang in there...When you get down..Pick yourself up brush yourself off and start all over again...I know it is hard to stay postive all the time..Take a long walk...Look forward not back..Your life starts from this day forward...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts