Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since Heaven is awol for a while, I thought we could share what we've been reading.

Here's the list I have right now from the library:

Living the Simple Life by Elaine St. James-I started this one last night. I'm starting to get to the meat of it. Not bad so far

Cooking secrets my mother never taught me by Joni Hilton-chock full of great tips for freezing, cooking, etc.

Lighten Up! Free Yourself from Clutter by Michelle Passoff-I'm also getting to the meat of this one. I need this to tackle my basement, lol.

Walt Disney World with Kids 2003 edition-great book the little bit that I flipped through (Hint to Amanda-need to check out this book!)

Betty's Book of Laundry secrets-haven't really gotten into this one yet.

Frozen Assets how to cook for a day and eat for a month-by Deborah Taylor-Hough--I love this one so much I may go to half.com and buy it. What a great book! I highly recommend this one.

What are you reading?

·
27,948 Posts
I'm reading The Killing Game by Iris Johansen. I haven't been to the library in a while though. My wonderful neighbor gives me a couple of grocery bags full of paperbacks once a year and this book is from that. Lucky me she likes to read the same kind of books I do.;)

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
I went to the library yesterday to get the kids out of the heat (no a/c in our house). I signed them up for the summer reading program, and I got The Persian Pickle Club by Sandra Dallas. I'm going to read it on vacation next week :)

·
Registered
948 Posts
I'm reading Death of a Scriptwriter by M.C. Beaton. I like all of her books in this series - very quick reads!

I haven't actually been to the library in a while. Back when $ wasn't quite so tight, I'd buy a lot of books from a used paperback book store we have. I'm trying to make my way through those right now.

Besides the book mentioned above, I'm browsing through Living with Chickens, and I'm also reading Super Baby Food by Ruth Yaron.

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
Charlottes Web!!! and some "Much Loved Folk Tales of the World"

·
Registered
4,379 Posts
Just finished "Step, Ball Change" and "Julie and Romeo" by Jeanne Ray. Both are fiction and are a light, humorous look at relationships. I recommend them. Today I am going to go get me something new to read at the library. I feel lost if there is not a book hanging around.

pat

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
Heres what I have home from the mail library and 2 books I purchased through a bookclub:

Every Quilt Tells a Story by Helen Kelley (This one I purchased.)

Mrs. Dunwoody's Excellent Instructions for Homekeeping by Miriam Lukken (This one I purchased.)

Angels Watching over Me by Michael Phillips

Somewhere a Song by Judith Pella, which I'm reading right now!!

Make me like Jesus by Michael Phillips

Katrina's Wings by Patricia Hickman

The Long Way Home by Lauraine Snelling

Thursday's Child by Linda Chaiken

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
The Train to Estelline and A Place Called Sweet Shrub and Dance a Little Longer. These books are wonderful, they are the story of a Lucinda (Lucy) Richards. She is a schoolmarm who comes to a Texas ranch at the age of 17 to teach and it is told through the letters that she writes. There is a set of 3 books and they span the time from 1911 through the 1930s. They are wonderful. I highly recommend these books. The author's name is Jane Roberts Wood.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts