Frugal Village Forums banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
While I know this is an old thread & I'm sure the OP has already made her choice by now. I thought it might apply to someone else that might be in a similar situation.
I'd like to add a couple of other things to think about.

I've been a mostly SAHM for 19 years & while I realize that you have no kids I still think what I'm about to say would still apply in your situation.

I have realized that once you are out of the work force for a number of years you have a much harder time getting back into it. People look at your resumes/applications as though you've not had any previous experience & most companies won't consider 'previous experience' if you haven't worked in the past 5 or 6 years. So in other words you would only have your degree to help you get hired and while a degree goes a long way in todays job market, experience also helps tremendously.

So what I would suggest to you is this...get out of the job you are currently in. You're not happy & there is no sense in staying in a job that you are miserable in *unless* there are dire circumstances to keep you there, which, thankfully is not the case here.

Go to work somewhere that you would be happy/enjoy working **part-time**. Even if it's only 2 days a week and even if it's not in your field of expertise.
While I am a HUGE advocate/believer of keeping a home running, is a full time job...and it should be regarded as just as important as working outside the home.
Working part-time will give you the best of both worlds. You will have time to take care of the job at home as well as the one outside of your home.

This will get you out around other adults on a regular basis as well as keeping you out in the job market & keeping your experience up to date so to speak.
So that at a later time you do decide you'd like to go back to work full-time it will be much easier for you to do...and if you don't then you've not really done any harm other than giving yourself a bit of extra spending money. ;)

·
Registered
1 Posts
It's not wrong to quit if your hubby supports you. Some husbands understand that their wives are alright just being at home. If he is supportive and you are still contributing to the relationship I see no reason to stay where you continue to be stressed and unhappy. That stress can harm your marriage.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Up to you. If you can afford it and your husband doesn't mind go ahead and stay home. You might find a job you like better later on. My husband was cool with it if I didn't want kids. He said that I would never have to work unless I wanted to. I ended up getting pregnant and now I'm raising a 7 year old girl.

41 - 45 of 45 Posts