·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No wish he was though

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
I would think a half of one tablet. I usually give 1 or 2 to my dogs depending on the situation. Can you give your vet a call to double check??

·
Premium Member
9,446 Posts
My vet suggested half of a tablet or half of a chlortimatron tablet.

Sari, yes they do give pets people benedryl/allergy meds. My cat is on chlortimatron and predisone :thud:

·
Registered
713 Posts
Oh yes, I know. :) I've worked at a vet's office for many years LOL. Sometimes it still shouldn't be given depending on the particular animal's medical history though. Someone gave their pet Dimetapp once and it was almost comatose for a few days. Who would ever think Dimetapp would hurt anything? I always advocate asking your vet. Lots of over-the-counter meds will kill your pet (I'm sure you know this, I'm just stating it for those reading who may not).

·
Registered
818 Posts
My dog takes the cheap store brand of Benedryl. The vet said that it works just as well at half the cost.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Mine have only been prescribed Chlortrimeton (and at least it is cheap!). My cats are bigger (a LOT bigger) and take one twice a day - so for a small cat I would try 1/4 to 1/2 twice a day.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks guys. I knew someone would come through for me. The vet wants to goin and scrape his sinus before even trying anything else. He is so congested on his right side and I thought maybe this would help a little until I can find another vet. The one arouonod here is out fo rmoney and nothing else

·
Registered
6,281 Posts
wildflower
aweeeeeeee your poor baby. i hope he feels better soon. poor kitty.

·
Registered
713 Posts
I know (recommended from a vet several times) that the Little Noses kids' nasal spray stuff is supposed to be safe. The vet says to put a drop or 2 at the end of the cat's nose.

(ETA, of course always clear it with your vet. They should be willing to confirm if it's safe or not. :))

·
Registered
333 Posts
childrens liquid benedryl is also good to give a dog that has been bitten by a snake. Our golden retriver was bit on his muzzle probably by a copperhead and he was so swollen. I gave him several TBS and in a few hours he was much better. It left a scar where the fangs penetrated.:nerv2: :thud:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts