Frugal Village Forums banner

In your opinion, what is the best brand of TV Dinners?

• Amy's Kitchen

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Healthy Choice

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Stouffer

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Lean Cuisine

Votes: 8 30.8%
  • Kashi

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Smart Ones

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Store Brand

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Please Specify)

Votes: 4 15.4%
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
8,714 Posts
~TV dinner? What's that? JK! I actually haven't had a tv dinner in 10 years. And I'm pretty sure it was one of my mom's Lean Cuisines. They were pretty tasty then. Those South Beach Diet ones look pretty yummy.~

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
It wasn't listed but I have to go with Marie Calendars...they are expensive but you do get a lot in them that they fill you up.

·
27,948 Posts
I haven't had any of the others and haven't had my old fav in years, lol. Now that I know how to cook I just cook. I do have a fond hankering now and then for a good ole Banquet Fried Chicken tv dinner with the wierd potates but not the nasty corn. :toothy:

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
We never eat T.V. dinners my family eats so much it would cost me a fortune.
As it is with both dd's boyfriends it leaves me with 3 men to feed and 6 people at my dinner table.

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka AmyBob
5,738 Posts
I haven't bought one in forever.

I used to buy them for quick lunches for myself... mostly I bought the Budget Gourmet ones because they were so cheap. Some of the Weight Watchers ones (I think called Smart Ones now) were pretty good.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
I haven't bought any in a very long time but they are good to stock up on when you can find a good sale for them. Lately here they have been on sale for 10/$10 for Banquet brand dinners reg $2.75 + ea.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I like the seeds of change meals. They are all organic and expensive but they are good. I do buy the Lean Cusines for my lunches. I keep them in the freezer at work. If I forget my lunch or am lazy I have only spent $2.00 instead of $8 or $9 going out to lunch.

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
I haven't had one in ages, but I like the Healthy Choice mesquite chicken. I also like Marie Calendars.

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
I haven't had a TV dinner in years but if I had to choose I would pick Banquet. :)

·
Registered
2,447 Posts
I buy them quite a bit. I buy whatever is on sale. My guys take them to work for lunch. It is a lot cheaper than eating out. Sometimes they take leftovers when we have them.

When I was a kid, we used to have tv dinners about once a week. Usually grocery shopping day.

My favorite was swanson's salisbury steak, with fries, blueberry muffin and peas/carrots. I always put the gravy on the fries. It was so yummy. They don't make that one anymore. I'd still get it, if they made it.

·
Banned
10,457 Posts
I love amy's! Too expensive though.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
I haven't had any of the others and haven't had my old fav in years, lol. Now that I know how to cook I just cook. I do have a fond hankering now and then for a good ole Banquet Fried Chicken tv dinner with the wierd potates but not the nasty corn. :toothy:
Haven't had a TV dinner since I was a small girl at grannys house. I always requested a fried chicken TV dinner when I spent the night(mom wouldn't serve them at home)Banquet was our favorite too, and I even ate the funky corn. (UGHHHH- preservative city......:bolt:

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Our favorite is Amy's Kitchen. We rarely if ever buy them though, too expensive.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts