Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
719 Posts
YAY!!! But, I'm with you so far....our weekly ad sneak peek hasn't come out yet this morning so I've yet to find anything either hehe. I'm hoping to get a good deal on cat litter in the near future. I am running LOW on that stuff, and I can't stand paying full price for it.

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
YAY!!! But, I'm with you so far....our weekly ad sneak peek hasn't come out yet this morning so I've yet to find anything either hehe. I'm hoping to get a good deal on cat litter in the near future. I am running LOW on that stuff, and I can't stand paying full price for it.
Our regular (not special) purchase of "cat litter" is oil-dry, it's what garages use to soak up oil. A 50lb bag is $10 I think, or .20/lb ...pretty cheap! We just got some today, but I haven't looked at the bill, so I can't tell you exacly how much it is. The other thing we've bought is diatomacious earth, also sold as an oil absorbant, it's not as cheap (I don't remember how much it is, sorry) but it is VERY light. Mix the two together and you get something that two 50+ people with bad backs can manage, and I think it's still cheaper than name-brand cat litter in the market, although I'd have to double-check to be sure!

Judi

·
Registered
719 Posts
Our regular (not special) purchase of "cat litter" is oil-dry, it's what garages use to soak up oil. A 50lb bag is $10 I think, or .20/lb ...pretty cheap! We just got some today, but I haven't looked at the bill, so I can't tell you exacly how much it is. The other thing we've bought is diatomacious earth, also sold as an oil absorbant, it's not as cheap (I don't remember how much it is, sorry) but it is VERY light. Mix the two together and you get something that two 50+ people with bad backs can manage, and I think it's still cheaper than name-brand cat litter in the market, although I'd have to double-check to be sure!

Judi
Oh I'd love to be able to use something other than Tidy Cat, really, I would. My spoiled rotten 15 yr old cat won't have it though. He tosses anything but Tidy Cat out of the box. This is a 16 lb. cat...he moves a LOT of litter lol. It's more of a mess than it's worth unfortunately. I tried two different types that were cheaper after we moved down here and he didn't like either one of them :( My parents always bought Tidy Cat and now he's set in his ways *sigh*

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Okay, here's a bargain I got today. We went to Concord this a.m. and I headed to Market Basket, the margarine we use (Olivio) is usually $1.95 or so...Shaw's put it on "sale" at 2/$5, so we buy ours at MB. Well, MB had it on sale so it was $1.50!

(We got 4.)

Judi

·
Registered
719 Posts
I think my best deal this week is going to have to be Cascadian Farms granola. I'm picking up 4 boxes today for Free, using coupons.

Rozoni Garden Delight pasta (12 oz. box) is going to be a .10 moneymaker per box, but I can't call it my best deal until I've tasted it LOL.

Reactions: Judi Dial

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good for you!

I think my best deal this week is going to have to be Cascadian Farms granola. I'm picking up 4 boxes today for Free, using coupons.

Rozoni Garden Delight pasta (12 oz. box) is going to be a .10 moneymaker per box, but I can't call it my best deal until I've tasted it LOL.

That's great!

Judi

·
Premium Member
9,446 Posts
My best deals this week are:

Spongebob Cheese Nips (crackers) 50c/box after store sale & coupon
Axe body wash $1 each after coupon
Dental Floss FREE after coupon

·
Registered
719 Posts
Save A Lot insisted on paying for $10 worth of groceries...lol. A new store just opened in my town and I was driving by it yesterday morning and noticed the Grand Opening sign was up. So I stopped in because I needed some canned stuff and oyster crackers, jiffy corn muffin mix...and I knew it would be cheaper than at Publix. Well on my way out an employee was at the door handing out $5 giftcards for Save A Lot! Woohoo! No minimum purchase required, just a $5 giftcard. So then I got home and checked my mail, and I had a postcard-like flyer from Save A Lot, advertising the new store's Grand Opening. At the top of the flyer it stated "$5 Giftcards for the first 100 Customers on Thursday and Friday"...ok so that explains that :D BUT, there was also a $5/$20 coupon at the bottom of the card. Publix takes competitor coupons so with that combined with my other coupons and the weekly sales, I got a $64 total all the way down to $13! That's the best I've done at Publix in awhile.

And my produce market had limes 7/$1 yesterday. That's a lotta limes lol

·
2,688 Posts
We just had a new SuperWalmart open up near us. They sent $ 5 gift cards out in the mail. Just activate them over the phone. One per household. No personal information had to be given. I thought that was way cool.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Alright...something bad is bound to happen. My luck has been too good the last couple of days...

BF and I got home from the movies tonight and I checked out mail. I had an envelope from General Mills, and I could feel a gift card inside of it. So I opened it up and sure enough, a $100 giftcard from Publix was inside. It was from the General Mills Back to School Sweepstakes that ended a few weeks ago. It'll buy groceries for the next 3 weeks or so. So I'm excited, but the last time this happened (I won a $50 giftcard from Publix from a Campbell's Sweepstakes a couple months back) the car ended up needing a $700 repair....so, fingers crossed that this is just good luck and not a "consolation prize," so to speak. I am excited, though :)

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
Congrat druth! That's awesome! :clap:

·
Premium Member
9,446 Posts
Not grocery/drug store but a pretty good deal all the same. Dh & I used Border's 40% off coupons and got:

Lego Harry Potter Hogwart's Castle (reg $150)
Lego Harry Potter Hagrid's Hut (reg $45)
Glass Chess set (reg $20)

Total spent: $101.xx!!!!

·
Registered
719 Posts
Not grocery/drug store but a pretty good deal all the same. Dh & I used Border's 40% off coupons and got:

Lego Harry Potter Hogwart's Castle (reg $150)
Lego Harry Potter Hagrid's Hut (reg $45)
Glass Chess set (reg $20)

Total spent: $101.xx!!!!
Yeah, I'd say a 60% savings is definitely good! Xmas presents I'm betting ;)

·
Premium Member
9,446 Posts
Yes! We used the 40% off coupons on the Legos and the Chess set was marked down in the bargain section :)

·
19,119 Posts
Love this thread - have nothing to add yet - but shall keep on reading because I know that great deals will rub off on me!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts