Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
719 Posts
Hmmm, not a great week here for sales. It looks like my best deal will be the Krusteaz cookie mix that's on BOGO at Publix; each one will be .10 after coupon, so I'll grab a couple.

Welch's Refrigerated Juice cocktail is also on BOGO; each will be .50 after coupons.

I'll pick up a box of my Celestial Seasonings tea for .50 (awesome sale running this month for it) and Snack Factory Pretzel Crisps are on BOGO ...no coupons for those but I absolutely love them, and at half price they're not that expensive. Oh, and my Save A Lot's grand opening sale has 4 lb. bags of Russett potatoes for .99! So, maybe THAT'S my best deal :D

No money makers this week though for me. Oh well, I'll live ;)

Reactions: Judi Dial

·
Registered
13,930 Posts
Costco brand cat food. $14.99/25#. We have a number of cats and use 1 1/2 of the 25# bags a month. We were paying $24.99-$32.99 a bag so our cost is cut in 1/2 and they love it. I got 5 bags this morning and will be good all winter. It come in chicken/rice and weight control.

·
19,119 Posts
...and I thought my 5lb bag of potatoes for $3 was a good deal - oh the reality of it all!!

·
Registered
719 Posts
...and I thought my 5lb bag of potatoes for $3 was a good deal - oh the reality of it all!!
LOL awww.... well realistically speaking, the grand opening is the only reason I can get them for .99...usually the cheapest I can get them in the dead of winter is $1.49 or so, and currently the produce stand has them for about $2.. I'm not sure if that's 4 lbs. or 5. So really, $3 isn't bad considering it made a few thousand mile trek over open ocean :) Out of curiosity, how much is a gallon of milk over there MM?

Reactions: mauimagic

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
i found some great clearance deals at Kohls and had a coupon and kohls cash to make it better !!! i posted about it in the christmas countdown thread :)

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
okay heres a CVS deal - for those wanting to get Toy STory # DVD
if you spend 25$ on certain proctor and gamble items you can get the DVD for 3.99- i picked up duracell batteries and some dawn dish detg which we always can use and then got the DVD for 3.99 .

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wow, you guys are something else. I thought I was doing really well today, I got approx $30 worth of groceries at Stop & Shopfor about 1/2 off, then bought about $100 worth at Shaws for about $85. I used coupons and bought stuff on sale.

Normally, I'd never buy this much at once, but I had all sorts of high end coupons that expired 11/5 or 11/7 and I wanted to use them.

Judi

·
19,119 Posts
Last time I looked - in the passt few weeks - milk's $6.49 per gallon.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Wow, you guys are something else. I thought I was doing really well today, I got approx $30 worth of groceries at Stop & Shopfor about 1/2 off, then bought about $100 worth at Shaws for about $85. I used coupons and bought stuff on sale.

Normally, I'd never buy this much at once, but I had all sorts of high end coupons that expired 11/5 or 11/7 and I wanted to use them.

Judi
I don't blame you. I do the same thing if I know I'll have to pay way more for it once the coupon expires.

I scored some free eggs today. They were on sale and I had a coupon!
That's one of those things I don't think I've ever gotten for free. That's awesome :D

Last time I looked - in the passt few weeks - milk's $6.49 per gallon.
Wow, that is just nuts. I don't think I'd be drinking milk at that point, and I eat cereal almost every morning hehe. Or maybe only buying a gallon a month or something... I don't think I could give up cereal :) I've been thinking lately that $3.19 is insane, but I guess I shouldn't complain!

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
Very comfortable sofa and love seat 60% off.

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That's one of those things I don't think I've ever gotten for free. That's awesome :D
Do you have a Stop & Shop near you? Part of the score I got at SS yesterday was a coupon from the market as a frequent customer for a free dozen eggs ($1.49). Also, I've seen them at Walgreen's on sale for .99 a dozen before. I don't know cheap places for eggs in Tampa anymore, we moved from Valrico about 17 years ago.

I can ask a friend who still lives there if you'd like?

Judi

·
Registered
719 Posts
Do you have a Stop & Shop near you? Part of the score I got at SS yesterday was a coupon from the market as a frequent customer for a free dozen eggs ($1.49). Also, I've seen them at Walgreen's on sale for .99 a dozen before. I don't know cheap places for eggs in Tampa anymore, we moved from Valrico about 17 years ago.

I can ask a friend who still lives there if you'd like?

Judi
Sure, ask if you think about it :) We don't have a Stop & Shop. We've got Publix, WinnDixie, Sweetbay, SaveALot, a dirty Aldis (which is too bad) an Albertson's kinda farther north, and of course all of the drugstores. I do try and take advantage of the .99 sales at Walgreens. Sometimes Publix will put them on sale for $1.29 or so... but no free egg coupons to be found here unfortunately hehe.

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
Candy 75% off

$13 bag for $3.25.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Hi. Just found this thread and thought I'd contribute. My best deal was Mento's gum reg. $1.28 with $1.00 coupon 28 cents. I had 4 coupons so I got 4 packs for 28 cents each. Got some nice razors for half price too with coupon.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts