Frugal Village Forums banner

Best deal I found this week!

Tags
deal found week
2K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  druthb00 
#1 ·
A marked down pkg of a dozen organic LOL eggs for $1.50...there were 2-3 pkgs other marked down eggs, 1/2 dozen for $1.50 and the package of a dozen was marked the same!!! I pay $1.50 at the farm stand for 1/2 dozen, so essentially it's getting them for half price.

:cheergrl:

Judi

#6 · (Edited)
Very nice deal Judi! I love seeing these posts! And you too Chickmom. That's a great way to use the buns. One time we even toasted the halves in the oven, then assembles pizza ingredients on top, put them back in till everything melted. Was pretty good too!

As for me...I was slacking too Imarachne, but I finally got my butt out the door, because there was no way I was going to miss one of the best deals ever! It was at Albertson's. They had a deal where you bought 10 GM items, and after using their store coupon, each item was $1.90. Well not too bad for cereal, right? But, but, but,...listen to how much sweeter it got! I also had $1 off coupons for each of the cereals, so that brought it down to $.90 a box. Looking VERY sweet, agree? But, but, but again! :animated: I also had Get a free gallon of milk for every 3 boxes of GM cereal, so I used 5 of those too. Woo Hoo! Sooo, I was able to do this deal twice too, so for $18, I got 5 gallons of milk, plus 20 boxes of a mix of Cinn Toast Crunch, reg Cheerios, and Whole Grain Cheerios.

I was ONE happy "coupon lady!!! LOL!

Theresa :wave2:

#7 ·
Way to go with the egg deal! That's a really great price on Organic ones. I can't budget for organics right now, but for that price I sure would! lol

Man, this week is NOT a good week for me at Publix LOL. I did do pretty good at Walgreens though. I got 2 boxes of Kashi cereal, 2 Nivea Men's body wash and 2-2 liters of pop for $2 :) plus .35 tax.

The only deal I'm loving at the grocery store this week is the Birdseye frozen veggies being 50% off. On Sunday, there's a coupon coming out thats "buy 1 bag Birdseye veggies, get 1 bag Birdseye lightly sauced veggies free up to $2.99" So I'll go in on Sunday and get (3) bags of broccoli or the like for .90 each, then use my $1/3 Birdseye Coupon, and grab (2) of the lightly sauced veggies and use my FREE coupons on those. So....5 bags of veggies for .34 each! BF really likes broccoli or cauliflower in cheese, and they're way lower in cal. and fat than some brands that do the "with cheese" thing LOL.

#10 ·
Way to go with the egg deal! That's a really great price on Organic ones. I can't budget for organics right now, but for that price I sure would! lol
If you're looking for coupons for organic stuff, sign up at your local co-oip,whether you buy there or not, they'll send you a monthly newsletter that's got manufacturer's coupons in it. Some of them are only good at the co-op of course, but many are just there. Also two of my local markets have "natural" or "fresh" monthly mags, they have manufacturer's coupons in them too. Finally, try mambosprouts.com online for coupons too.

IHTH!

Judi

#8 ·
Very nice job at WAGS, druthb! I need to get up there for the men's body wash deal too. It's a goodie!

I didn't do too bad at Publix. They had some BOGO deals that were good even with no available coupons, like the Banquet chicken nuggets, patties, etc., at $5.49 for 2 -28oz. bags. I'm restocking those, so got 8 bags. Plus the 8 o'clock coffee, had $1/2, also bought 8. But my best deal was from the 8oz. containers of Kraft grated parmesan, on sale $2.50 each. I used my $5/5 Kraft coupon, making them $1.50 each. We go thru it like water, so I was thrilled! I did 8 boxes of the BOGO Muellers pasta...$1.39 for 2. And picked up 2 of the 32oz. Coffee Mate creamers for $1 ea after coupons. Topped it all off with my $5 off $55 purchase that I received from Winn Dixie. I usually have a cpupon for just about every item I buy, but they just weren't out there this time, so bit the bullet, and was glad they were at least BOGO deals.

Theresa :)

#9 ·
The best part about the Nivea Q's is that most places are taking the full $3 off, instead of just the $2.50. So it's a money maker :D

I was going to buy the Eight O'Clock coffee but my sister got me a Gevalia coffee maker for my birthday and it came with 2 pkgs of their coffee....which is actually enough for BF and I for at least a couple of months. I only make it on the weekend hehe...usually anyway.

I used my 2 $5/5 Kraft Q's that the Bricks people mailed me already (I am printer-less...bad bad couponer lol)

I KWYM about usually having Q's for everything....this week just wasn't like that lol. Oh well.... at least we've got the BOGO's to fall back on, Q's or not. I still have to hit the produce market tomorrow...I like supporting a local business, and their prices are so much lower than Publix on stuff like that, unless you've got the $1 Target Q's... It's just too nice having people recognize you and say hey how ya doing, and then thank you and ACTUALLY appreciate (not the monotonous "thank you have a nice day" you get at the grocery stores) the fact you do business with them. If you're ever in Pinellas county, I'm telling you, Grahm's Produce is where it's at ;)

Btw, Judy, this would be a fun thread to keep going. I'd love hearing about everyone's "best deals" every week.

#12 ·
Way to go everyone! I haven't gotten anything to brag about lately. Need to at least start checking out Publix BOGO again...bout time for the really good ones to start...at least they did last year. Sales have really sucked here past few months or I've missed them.
Keep up the excellent work

#13 ·
Sales have really sucked here past few months or I've missed them.

Same here........and when they have a 'decent' sale there is a limit on the number you can buy. (even our corn, this summer, had a limit when a good price was on it!!!)

Way to go Judi..........and everyone else.......some good $!

#15 ·
Oo oo, I got another one! Pick me pick me. Ahem..I mean..

Purex 3 in 1 laundry sheets 20 count are ringing up $3.50 each at a lot of the Publix stores. I found ONE package at my store and with the $3/1 coupon from a few weeks back, I got it for .50! :D I tried one of these as a free sample a couple months ago and I really like them.

Reactions: Judi Dial
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.