Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 171 Posts

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since this seems to be popular all the time, how about I get it made into a sticky?

Anyway, this is the week of 1/9/11... What great deals have you found?

Judi

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
One good find you might be interested in as we're in the same general area is:

CVS- their 'Gold Emblem' bagged dried fruit is on sale from $3.19 down to $1 a bag. I don't think it's in the flier this week, if it is I missed it, but I grabbed some dried cranberries, apricots and prunes for $1 each in Pboro today...I would imagine all CVSs have this same deal going.

Much cheaper than their usual price, or the grocery store, and a great snack or good for baking that 'keeps' for a while.

·
Registered
719 Posts
This was an awesome week for me. I got about $110 worth of groceries at Publix for only $14

The best deal was the BOGO Special K, combined with a BOGO Coupon, a $1/2 Target Coupon and a coupon for a Free box of Special K protein bars wyb 2 boxes of cereal...I actually made $1 on 8 boxes of cereal and 4 boxes of protein bars!

(4) Yoplait Smoothies for .10 each

(4) Wholly Guacamole (surprisingly good) for $1 each

(2) Planters Trail Mix for Free

(2) CoffeeMate fat free hazelnut creamers for .50 each

(2) boxes of pasta (to donate, I don't need anymore freakin' pasta) and made .20 on those

(2) packages of Babybel cheese for $1.20 each

Those are probably the best deals I got :)

CVS, man, what to say about CVS. I have Finish gel pacs for the dishwasher for about 4 years and made money buying them. I've also got about $25 in ECB's to roll in the next few weeks, and only spent about $5 OOP to get them :D on things I needed anyway...like ziploc sandwich baggies.

Even the produce market was pretty great. I got 2 starfruit, a bag of cherries (1 lb?) 4 granny smith apples, 2 lbs of Romaine lettuce, 2 green peppers, a 5 lb bag of potatoes, a canteloupe, 4 limes and several lbs. of tomatoes for $11.

GREAT week for sales here :D

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You guys are doing way better than I am...my best deal was a pkggourmet chocolate covered blueberries at the salvage store for $1.50.

Khaski, thanks! Pboro is about 10 mins from me, I'll check it out! Also in Pboro, frequently Ocean State Job Lots has dried fruit for $1 a pkg, but the packages are tiny.

Judi

·
Registered
719 Posts
You guys are doing way better than I am...my best deal was a pkggourmet chocolate covered blueberries at the salvage store for $1.50.

Khaski, thanks! Pboro is about 10 mins from me, I'll check it out! Also in Pboro, frequently Ocean State Job Lots has dried fruit for $1 a pkg, but the packages are tiny.

Judi
:toothy: chocolate....covered.........BLUEBERRIES?!

O. M. G.

Those sound delicious.

Reactions: Judi Dial

·
Registered
13,930 Posts
Got Dunkin Donuts coffee (choc. mint) clearanced at kroger for $2.99 and 3 of those whack-a-oranges for $1. each. They were good b-day gifts for DH today.

·
2,688 Posts
3 jars Peanut butter 12 oz each, mark downed to .50 each

3 bags baby carrots. 69 cents each. Aldi's.
3 pounds oranges for $ 1.99 a bag. Aldi's.

2 GIANT bags lettuce, mark downs $ 1 each.
Enough for some chef salad and the chickens get treats :)

Coupon for a free gallon of milk, skim or 1 %. Use by 6/11.

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
battery powdered candles for .40, from $4

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
To my fellow Market Basket shoppers- the Milford Valley Farm stuffed chicken breasts are on sale for $1.99 this week- go to the company website, you find .50 off one coupons...and there seems to be no limit to how many you can print (though it's a full page coupon, how strange to me). So you can get a pair of stuffed breaded frozen ch. breasts for $1.50- that's more than 1/2 off the Barber brand regular price for the same item. I like to keep a few boxes on hand for dinner on nights I wanna go on 'auto pilot' for cooking...turn on the oven, through 'em in!

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
To my fellow Market Basket shoppers- the Milford Valley Farm stuffed chicken breasts are on sale for $1.99 this week- go to the company website, you find .50 off one coupons...and there seems to be no limit to how many you can print (though it's a full page coupon, how strange to me). So you can get a pair of stuffed breaded frozen ch. breasts for $1.50- that's more than 1/2 off the Barber brand regular price for the same item. I like to keep a few boxes on hand for dinner on nights I wanna go on 'auto pilot' for cooking...turn on the oven, through 'em in!

Just Fyi- New England Market Basket are different company than the ones in the south. I wish they had a website.

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
a $8 tree stand for 80 cents

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
HEB Grocery store-
Yakisoba noodles on sale for .48 each
I had 20 coupons .50 off of 1 (paid 3.50 for the c's)
the store gave me a profit of .40.....total price for 20 yakisoba noodles - 3.10.... 15 1/2 cents each

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
WOW!! great deals here. I had a spend free week so don't have any deals what-so-ever. Even then there are deals, I can't partake. I like hearing about what others are grabbing though.
Keep up the good work!

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
LynnLC, Didn't realize there was more than one 'Market Basket' nationwide- I was referring to the Demoulas chain, popular here in the NE and the best place to shop in general...other chains can't seem to touch their prices!

·
Registered
4,061 Posts
Found large prebaked pumpkin pies at walmart today for $1.98 finally got one in freezer thawed the other one in oven ate some with cool whip it was so good.

1 - 20 of 171 Posts