Frugal Village Forums banner

21 - 40 of 171 Posts

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
I found ONE website for one Demoule's Market Basket, here:
Market Basket - Weekly Circular, Hours and Locations, and More

Judi
For the first time EVER I had an issue with them...being in New Ipswich, we get the Rindge/Swanzey circular, but I always shop the Milford store (markdowns much cheaper there), always had all sales match up- until yesterday. Most things the same, a few items I purchased were NOT on sale despite being listed that way in the fliers for the other 2 stores. Bummer, makes my store planning harder!

·
Registered
719 Posts
Hmmm....looks like the Publix ad is pretty slow this week, best deals I'll be grabbing are;

5 lb. bag of grapefruit and (2) Ocean Spray 100% grapefruit juices for a total of $1.48 <<< I'm super excited about this one. I LOVE grapefruit juice and this is just an awesome deal to me. I can't wait until I have a house and can get a grapefruit tree going...:D

(2) YoPlus yogurt 4 pk. for Free

(2) Kraft Homestyle Mac n' Cheese for $ .25 each... These are actually halfway decent for boxed mac n' cheese. A slice of spiral ham and a bit of this stuff isn't bad for a quick dinner. I got to try a box for free from Kraft First Taste last summer and was pleasantly surprised since I really can't stand regular boxed mac n' cheese...

That'll be really about it this week...barring any deals I find at the produce market. There's always next week :D

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
The "gourmet" cheeses left from Christmas are on sale (with sticker markdowns) at my local Shaw's. i scored big with this last year, this year I got 2 pcs gruyere, some cheddar, and Asiago... at 1/2 or more off...$22 worth of store coupons. The small piece of gruyere was what we had for dinner last night, a $9.48 piece of cheese for $3.48 . We had fondue with about 1/3 of a loaf of HM bread and 3 carrots, a little wine, and flour: cheap, fast, good!

I'd forgotten about this, but this time it's going in my calendar!
Judi

·
Registered
719 Posts
The "gourmet" cheeses left from Christmas are on sale (with sticker markdowns) at my local Shaw's. i scored big with this last year, this year I got 2 pcs gruyere, some cheddar, and Asiago... at 1/2 or more off...$22 worth of store coupons. The small piece of gruyere was what we had for dinner last night, a $9.48 piece of cheese for $3.48 . We had fondue with about 1/3 of a loaf of HM bread and 3 carrots, a little wine, and flour: cheap, fast, good!

I'd forgotten about this, but this time it's going in my calendar!
Judi
I love cheese like Russ loves cookies. Mmmmm cheese. I like the expensive stuff, too...LOL; just not the price :( We love manchego (not as fondue of course) and it goes for more than $20/lb... It'd be great to see it marked at half off!

Reactions: Judi Dial

·
Registered
13,930 Posts
oooh. Was at Aldis last night. ham roasts (pork butt) were $5. any size. Already have a ham in the freezer so I got just 2. It was Appleton brand and their spiral ham was good. Looks like a 60% off deal.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
HEB Grocery......3 items on my list were free & had a little profit after coupons/sales.
1 box of kashi go lean cereal...on sale for 2.88 -used a $3.00 off coupon - profit of .12
2 pkg of yakisoba noodles - on sale for .48 each - used 2 .50 off coupon for each -profit .4
dinky profit of .16....but I'm still happy b/c where I live, it's difficult to find many deals:)

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
CVS this week- Coke 12 packs- 3/15- get $5 ecbs back, makes them $2 each.

I got 5 12 packs of Coke, a pack of huggies, 5 boxes of 'stove top' stuffing- after coupons, ecbs and such, I paid $7.99 oop...and got $6 ECBs back, making my cost for all $1.99 total!

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Demoulas Market Basket- 'Sunbelt' granola bars, on sale for $1.69 AND each box had a 'peelie' for .55 off each, making them $1.14 each.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
24 vitamin waters for 1.99 (Salvage Store)
24 packs of various Muellers pasta (free w/coupons)
6 Method handsoaps .79cents (Lowes. I price matched an Ingles sale and used $1 off coupons)
Cottenelle wipes free
4 packs Abundance Oatmeal free
12 packs of Mother's rice cakes $1.00
6 Ocean Spray Fruit and veggie juice $3
40 lbs sweet potatoes free

I'm trying to get back on track w/couponing and shopping at the salvage store. The Holiday's threw me off. Most of the deals I have come up with so far have been fairly healthy foods.

Reactions: marjorie

·
Registered
719 Posts
This week is not too shabby.

(4) Eight O'Clock coffee (11 oz. bags) @ $1.50 ea.

(4) Kraft BBQ sauce @ $ .21 ea.

(2) Northland 100% dark fruit juice 64 oz. @ $1.50 ea.

(2) Sargento Sunburst snack cheese @ $ .50 ea.

(2) Snack Factory pretzel crisps (I <3 these :D) @ $1.55 ea.

(2) Publix hummus @ $1.30 ea.

(2) Tidy Cat 14 lb. litter @ $2.50 ea.!!!! Whoooo!!! lol...maybe a little too excited about that one...

And to top it all off, I've got a $5/$30 Winn Dixie Q that I can use at Publix before the other coupons come off! So the above should only cost about $15. It's gonna be a pretty good shopping week :) Now, we could use some good meat sales again....I've got a bunch of chicken left in my freezer and that's about the extent of it lol..

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
3 boxes of Kashi Go Lean cereal on sale $2.88..used 3 $1.00 coupons (1.88 a box)

B1G1F canned pedigree dog food (.50 can)

45 yakisoba noodle dinners on sale .48 each....used 45 .50 coupons (all free)

.90 profit from the free yakisobas that rolled into the rest of my groceries.....good thing b/c milk went up .23 in less than a week:(

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Rite-Aid is having a sale on 4 pack GE bulbs regularly $3.99 for $1.99 with an immediate UP reward of $1.99 toward a future non-prescription purchase, you must have one of their free Wellness Cards. We use 40W mostly so I bought five, got the five $1.99 rewards and turned around and bought five more packages of bulbs for free. And don't you know the register kicked out another $1.99 UP Reward? Good only until 2.12.11, but still! This is all due to couponmom.com

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
"Free" eyedrops at Walgreens...dry eye drops, $7.99, register rewards, $7.99 . However, at the Walgreens I went to (Keene, NH) the register rewards didn't show up, so the asst manager gave me a gift card for the amount instead.

Judi

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Cvs extra care buck offers- buy $10 of ANY Physician's Formula make up products, get $7 ecbs. I found a bunch of 75% off products from this company, I got 2 loose 'finishing' powders for about $4 each, plus a plumping lipstick for about $3....and still got the $7 off my next trip on top off it. Also, for those of you in my area, there is a CART full of beauty products 75% off in the back left hand corner of the store, on an end cap of the 'baby' aisle.....got a $31 bottle of 'Baby Phat' perfume for $7.75....bday gift for my friend's daughter when she turns 13 this year, 75% off- yeehaw!

·
Registered
719 Posts
Cvs extra care buck offers- buy $10 of ANY Physician's Formula make up products, get $7 ecbs. I found a bunch of 75% off products from this company, I got 2 loose 'finishing' powders for about $4 each, plus a plumping lipstick for about $3....and still got the $7 off my next trip on top off it. Also, for those of you in my area, there is a CART full of beauty products 75% off in the back left hand corner of the store, on an end cap of the 'baby' aisle.....got a $31 bottle of 'Baby Phat' perfume for $7.75....bday gift for my friend's daughter when she turns 13 this year, 75% off- yeehaw!

I love the physician's formula products. Been hearing about the 75% off clearance on some of it, but haven't found any just yet. Nice job :)

My publix run today turned out to be pretty good. I got a couple of bags of New York pita chips that were in 50% larger bags for free using a couple of coupons that expire today. They are normally $2.69 and my coupons were valued up to $3.99...so that was nice, especially getting the bigger bags :) The Sabra hummus is on sale at Publix next week so this should be a nice combo to have for when my parents come down in a few weeks. The Sundrop 2 liters were on an unadvertised BOGO and Publix released BOGO coupons in their Yellow flyer, so I picked up two of those for free and will probably go back and grab a couple more before the end of the week. Got a few more Bordens singles cheese slices for $1 each, and a bunch of the 8 O'clock coffee that I always run out of before the next BOGO+Q sale...so I should be good this time :D Friskies party mix cat treats I made $ .30/bag on, and Kraft BBQ sauce I ended up making $ .20/bottle or so on. Spent $27 and saved $75, so I'll take it :)

·
Premium Member
3,524 Posts
I am just pea green with envy of everyone who lives near a CVS! I always hear so many good things about the great deals you get with the care bucks. Don't get me wrong, I am really happy for you TOO....just wish I had one near me so I could get in on the great deals! :)

·
Registered
719 Posts
I'll keep my fingers crossed that one will come to your area soon. They're all over the place, it's gotta happen eventually :)

Edit: Ok, well...I did just take a look, and Portland has lots of CVS's...but other than that, not so much. I never realized how desolate most of OR is. You must be outside of Portland somewhere huh? Gosh it looks pretty amazing with all of the mountains and forests, though.

Reactions: Luckybustert
21 - 40 of 171 Posts