Frugal Village Forums banner

101 - 120 of 171 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
I got a travel deal yesterday, 2 round trip non stop from Boston to Chicago, 5 days 4 nights at Stay Inn and a rental car for....357 a person. The stay inn has free hot breakfast in the morning and no fee for parking. I hate to go out for breakfast and pay for parking at a hotel. This is for the july 4 weekend!!!

·
Registered
206 Posts
Wal-zyr (Walgreen's generic Zyrtec) is $12 for package of 65 this week. If you buy 2, you get $5.00 register rewards. So for $19 after register rewards, I get 130 generic Zyrtec pills. That's 14.6 cents per pill.

To compare, 90 pills of Walmart's brand is $23.98. That's 26.6 cents per pill. Considering my houshold goes through about 120 pills per month, this was a steal!

·
Registered
117 Posts
This week, our local Price Chopper had Nexcare band aids on clearance for 61 cents each. I had 3 coupons for $1 off any 2 boxes, so I bought 6 boxes of band aids for a total of .66.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
CVS this week- Finesse shampoo or conditioner is on sale for $2.50 each- there was a coupon recently (last week?) for $1 off of 1....and if you look online, there is a $2 mail in rebate (limit 1 per household). So- $2.50-1 c=$1.50, will get $2 rebate back....by the time I pay for the stamp and envelope, I'm counting it as free! Also, this week the Fiber One, Nature Valley, and Milk n Cereal bars (General Mills?) are 2/$4, there are various $1 off of 2 coupons floating around. Granted, this is the same as my grocery store's sale price, but my grocer does not give me 2% of what I spend back in store credit quarterly like CVS does. The kiosk is printing $3 off $10 health care purchase....I bought vitamins and Pepto, used coupons w/ the $3 off, really got good deals.

Rite Aid has Oral B toothbrushes for $2.99 each, get $2 rewards back, limit 2. I just happened to have 2 coupons for $1.50 off each brush, so for each one, $2.99-$1.50 coupon=$1.49, get $2 rewards for next time- yay! a money maker!

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
kroger has $.97/lb chicken and I cleaned out their marked down bread products. ($.29/English muffins, $.39/dinner rolls,$.69/French bread)

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #107
My great deal this week that wasn't: Shaw's had what I thought was a b1g1 deal on cherry tomatoes I had a $1 off coupon for, so instead of paying $3.99 ea for 2 packages, it was going to be $2.99 for both...but I goofed. The coupon worked but the deal was on the tomatoes next to the ones I bought! :cry:

The deal I DID get was a marked down pkg of 8 AA Everready batteries $4, with a $1 coupon...$3. DH was pleased! :yippee:

Judi

·
Registered
5,428 Posts
Superdollar here has 2 liters of food club soda pop .39 (have to buy 10), chicken breasts .98 a lb, red gold spaghetti sauce .49 (have to buy 10) it is in a can. not to bad. going this evening.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Demoulas- Suddenly Salad mixes on sale for .99 each this week, I ordered $1/2 coupons from a clipping service, bought 24 boxes for .49 a piece. Usually cost $1.50, we have enough for 1-2 years now.

·
Registered
5,428 Posts
23 deodrants
6 body washes
2 bandaids,
2 air wicks and refills
9 dog treats
2 toothbrushes
6 spic and span , dd got me 2 with coupon before I come home from hospital, grocery sale tomorrow.

·
Registered
13,930 Posts
Bissel bagless pet vac upright. It has a detachable center for stairs. $8. in excellent shape.

NIB portable space heater $5.
Magic Chef microwave -$13.
Hamilton Beach toaster/toaster oven LN $8.

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
Tommy Hilfiger shorts and tshirt for me....new with tags... .50 each.

New Lee Rider jeans for me....with tags .... 1.00

·
Registered
95 Posts
$28.50 worth of lotion and shower gel(in one of my fave scents) at bath and body work that only cost me $9.50

·
Registered
7,675 Posts
Blackberries at Kroger. A really good sale price is usually $2.50 for the the little 6 oz cartons. Obviously I never buy then. This week they were $1 each, so I picked up several. Still expensive, but once in a while I gotta splurge! I'm eating one, freezing the rest.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Ooh, I missed this thread till now! Here's a deal I found this weekend:

At Target one of the only Kashi cereals I really like (I love the brand in general, and I like that their cereals are healthy, but most are still not very tasty) was on clearance for $2.48/box for their limited edition boxes that had $5 worth of Kashi coupons on the back and I had a $2 off Kashi coupon so I bought 2 boxes, paid $2.96 for both combined and got $10 worth of Kashi coupons!

·
Registered
682 Posts
We love vitamin water and have found it cheapest at WM for $1.00 a bottle. So, that would be my best deal today, we usually pay about 1.89 a bottle.

·
Registered
29 Posts
At Publix today I got 4 Dial body soap for FREE!! They were on BOGO for 3.97 and I had 4 $1q's. Also got the new bayer aspirin that was 3.49 for free and 51 cents overage. Then I get to send in for a rebate on them for 1.49 more!! Love when I can get these types of deals, lol.

·
Registered
7,747 Posts
A got a few really good deals this week

Stroganoff Pasta & Sauce Mix from Back To Nature. 50 cents a box!!!! So great for I'm too tired to make a big deal for supper nights

Welcome to Back to Nature

Real soy sauce, not the supermarket kind. $1.19 a bottle! Bought 3 bottles. :)

And a shirt for DH for 75 cents! All his shirts, everyday ones, are threadbare and fraying. I've repaired them to within an inch of their lives, but they are sad. Means I can throw one of them in the rag bag! Woo Hoo!

·
Registered
672 Posts
Went to CVS yesterday and had a 4.00 off Zyrtec coupon and a Free cetaphil facial lotion (with spf 50) coupon and a 5.00 extra bucks from last week.

Bought -

1 - newspaper
1 - zyrtec (5 count)
1 - cetaphil with spf 50

Used my coupons and extra bucks from last week...

Total came to 2.04 after tax AND I got 7.99 back in extra bucks!

101 - 120 of 171 Posts