Frugal Village Forums banner

141 - 160 of 171 Posts

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #141
Local organic garden stand selling off their veggies for $1 a pkg... got 2 4 packs of purple cabbage (pretty as well as yummy!) and 2 single packs of sungold cherry tomatoes. (MIne are flowering, but no fruits yet.) Have harvested 4 tomatoes off of the tomato plants already. :applause:

Judi

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Went to Target today and for $1.28 I got
2 pillows
2 pkgs pantyliners
2 pkgs (2 in pack) sharpie markers

·
Registered
649 Posts
Today I went to walmart and got a magic jack as seen on tv, I spent $39.95 plus $9 replacement. The magic jack gives you unlimited phone service, etc. I have turned on my phone and it works. I have no charges until next year all for $50. As long as I have my internet on it works.

·
Registered
3,244 Posts
This week... 4 bottles of purex laundry detergent - Free (coupon for $3 on sale for $3).
Fruit snacks - $.50
Off - $.40
Free Curell hand lotion with purchase
Majesta paper towel $.54 for 8 rolls
Colgate tooth brush - Free
Oral B toothbrush - Free
Dove Shampoo - .20
Dove conditioner - .20
8 pack dove soap - .20
Free yogurt 8/pk
Petit Danone 6pk - $1.25
Peaches and nectarines - .67/lb
DanActives - $2.25/8pk
Snuggle Fabric Softener $1.20
Finish Powerball 60pk - $.55

Started really matching coupons to sales, and look what happens!!

·
Registered
13,930 Posts
Still loving this new vet
(new puppy)
1st time visit exam
#2 dpt
#2 deworming
heartworm test
#2 bordetella
For $80. my other vet charges $75 for HW alone.

Help me! the new pup is 30# and 12 weeks. Its paws are like catchers mitts.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I found two deals on RedFlagDeals.com today. One is $2 off advil and the other is $2.50 off benadryl. I use both of those often so I decided to grab them.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Stop and Shop yesterday- 4 packs Luigi's italian ice (6 packs) (B1g1free), 2 Edy's ice creams (b1g1free+ get 2 bottles of A+W rootbeer free!)...used -$1/2 coupon with Edy', used (4) -.50/1 coupons for the Luigi's that doubles to -$1, plus a -$2 in store Catalina from my last trip...paid $5.17 for it all...and we're stocked on the frozen sweets for months!

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Rite Aid this week- 'Stayfree' pads are 2/$6, get 2 UP rewards.

If you have the b1 g1f coupons that expire 8/31 (Weds!), it brings it down to 2/$3, get 2 UPs, making them .50 a package (as long as you use those UPs before they expire)! Even at 2/$3, it's a great deal...there is a limit of 4 'pairs' to get the UP rewards- I got 8 packs for $12, and $8 UP rewards.

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
Giant Eagle had some great deals last week (Saturday). I picked up 6 bottles of Open Pit for .50 each. I started to get 3 and DH put 3 more in the cart he loves this on meat. I also did the deal with Hamburger Helper/ Betty Crocker potatoes. You had to buy 10/ $10 and you got the 11th one free. I used 2 Q's for .75 on the HH and I had 2 Q's for .50 on the potatoes. I ended up paying .45 each. Then I bought 2 bottles of Wisk on sale for $3.99. I used 2 $2 Q's and paid $1.99 each. Everything went into my stockpile.

Cat

·
Registered
636 Posts
Went to Market Street today. Angus arm roast $2.47/lb and boneless pork chops $1.97/lb. I got a small roast which I'll cut in half and a pack 8 pork chops . Lots of meals for just me. Now I've got to figure out how I'm going to get all this in the freezer.

·
Registered
179 Posts
It's Red Gold canned tomato product sale week at IGA in the midwest. The marked sale price is $0.89 per 14.5 ounce can (regular price is $1.19), but then the store is offering buy 10, get $5 back at the register, with no limit. That brings them to $0.39 per can. The fancy 10 ounce cans (like Rotel tomatoes) are $0.29 with the discounts. I got I bought 90 cans, and may go back later in the week for more petite diced. That's $107 worth of tomatoes for $35, and will last us about a year, until they go on sale again next fall.

·
Registered
9,916 Posts
At Walgreens with that card they came out with and coupons I ended up getting about $40 worth of vitamins ( D3 and Lutein 20mg ) that I HAVE to take for free with the buy one get one 50% off plus a one day only senior discount of 15% off everything, not just vitamins PLUS $2 coupons on each bottle ( 4 ) AND ended up with about 10,000 points added to the card to use in future which amounts to another $10 later besides the 2 bottles being free. I'm going to like this new card. Totally NOT expecting free.
Then got another 500 points for picking up my prescription. Total of 13,500 points now for buying stuff I would have bought anyway. No extras.

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #158
In Shaw's yesterday, there was a sign that if you bought 5 qualifying Oscar Meyer or CLassen items, you got $5 off your order on the spot. Found some cooked, cubed chicken, $4.99 a package, 5 of them with $2 off stickers. $25 full price, are they kidding? But with the stickers make it $15, less the $5 instant rebate, $10, or $2 a package. THAT I'd pay!

Judi

·
Registered
13,930 Posts
Kmart-pkg of Sara Lee (12)rolls .99 from $3.99 so I snagged 3 and wished i had grabbed more.

Best deal I Made
Headphones at Best Buy $79.99
same at Amazon $64.99
free shipping over $49. and Amazon points of $28. So $37.
These are the windows,ps3,360 zompatible one w/ the microphone for skype.

Bought DD Sandra Lee dish set Reg. 49.99 on sale for $44.99 less points and free shipping over $49. a code from retailmenot. So I got 4 matching latte mugs and another $1, off from the sale price. not too shabby.

Kohls had a nice pannini maker for $24.99 and 15% off $50 spent or $25% off $100. but DD didnt want it. If I were thinking I would have gifted me!! I think the sales over but I may look again!!

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
My best deal of this week, last week, and continuing until I either run out of the money to do it or until the promotion ends is getting my gas for about $1.25/gal (today was $1.13.) I've done this 4 times in the past few weeks... I do this by buying gift cards at a grocery store that is doing double gas rewards, and the gift cards I am buying are to Home Depot, which I am then using to pay for my kitchen remodel/repair (Total cost $20k, but paid a big chunk before the promotion started.) I charge $1100 of cards onto my Discover, which gives me 2200 points (because of the current "double" promotion.) Then I go to the gas station to fill up with a $2.20/gal discount (also on my Discover.) Meanwhile, whenever I get $50 in Discover rewards (my anniversary year just rolled over, so working up to 1% again, but maxxed the 5% rewards for 4th quarter by buying $1500 in HD cards at Kohl's...), I can apply that as a statement credit, which means less to pay when the bill comes. (We took a loan for the kitchen, and the money is just sitting in savings until the project is completed, so I get cheap gas, a kickback from Discover, and meanwhile the money is drawing (very miniscule) interest between credit card statements.) Oh, important to note, we're not running a balance on the CC, so no interest. Since I'm spending about 1/3 what I normally would per fill-up, I'm applying the extra money toward the loan, as well as the money saved from the statement credit... it will only be a tiny bit (like 1%) of the principal, but every little bit, right? The goal is to pay off the loan by the end of 2013.

It's been a great deal, but I only have a few fill-ups left before I've used up all the kitchen funds. I'm really gonna miss it when it's gone and I have to go back to "real" gas prices...

141 - 160 of 171 Posts