Frugal Village Forums banner

161 - 171 of 171 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Aldi's in my area had their Kitchen Living brand 6 quart enameled dutch ovens on clearence for $14.99! They only had a few blue left but I though it was a great deal!

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
This week I found a lot of great deals. Canned green beans and corn - $0.33/can. Plus the grocery store had a coupon spend $50 get $10 off. If I divide that by every item I bought it is an additional $.14/can discount. Making the final cost $0.19/can. I also bought Potatoes for $0.10/pound and milk for $1.99/gallon.

Today I bought 2 pounds of sliced mushrooms for $0.25 each. They are on the dehydrator as I type.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
I think I did pretty good at Publix this week. A few of the better deals>

4-pkges Knorr Sides - Free (I had 2 coupons for 1 free pkge, and they were on BOGO, so was the right time to use those free Cs)
2- 4 packs of Dannon Fusions- $1 ea (had $1/1 Cs)
6-DiGiorno Pizzas- $20 (they were on sale 2 for $10. had a B2G1F coupon) YUCKY...will not buy again :(
2 Qts Half&Half- $.89 ea after combining mftr & store coupons. I was thrilled with this deal because I MUST have this with my coffee! :)
2- boxes 24 ct Lipton Iced Tea Bags - on BOGO sale-$1.89 for both after $1 C. This is WAY up from the usual $2.39 BOGO sale though! :(

Also got Mueller's pasta for $.55 a box ,Contadina's 12 oz cans tomato sauce on BOGO 2 for $1.25, bought 10 cans w/no Cs, and Birdseye frozen veggies were half price. I also had a $5 off $25 competitor's C. I bought 47 items for a total of $78.17. Not too bad, but honestly would have paid about half that just a couple of years ago. Of course I blame rising prices, and coupons just ain't what they used to be either...UHG!

Theresa :)

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
We eat steel cut oats cooked in the slow cooker with freeze dried fruit every other morning. I have been buying steel cut oats in #10 cans by the case from Honeyville grain when they have a sale. This time I did my research and bought a 50# bag when it was on sale. It cut the price in half! I will be vacuum sealing it in smaller amounts.

My niece's kids like it too. I am going to ask her if she wants to buy some of my most recent purchase.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Victoria secret bombshell bra for my 21yo
15.99 each they normally are over 50 each

Lip gloss , mints and spray cologne and pair of sweatpants 75% off but were free to me as I had a 20$ reward card ( sweats for Christmas for youngest dd , others for girls Easter basket )

Reactions: mamamia

·
Registered
30 Posts
I'm amazed at everyone's clever shopping! Especially the cards, points and all that seems complicated, but I'm gradually learning.
Winn Dixie is having a weekend sale, and I'm planning to pick up their chicken leg quarters for $0.49 per pound. I'm going to make Moroccan chicken in the crock pot with a lemon from my own tree. Later this year I will have home-grown coriander to put in it also.

·
Super Moderator
19,540 Posts
Wedding gown from GW. It was marked $30, but was half that on clearance, so $15. But a 20% senior discount took another $3 off, so the final price was only $12. I also bought a baby blue gown, same situation except that one started at $20 and ended up costing $8. Since I had expected to pay $30-$40 for a wedding gown alone, I'm very happy about getting both for $20.

At Savers, I got 2 totes which, according to WM's site would have cost at least $44. I don't believe that based on past purchases. I think they would have cost around $20, but will check next time we go to WM. At any rate, they are the same size but different brands and styles, so one was marked $4 and the other $3. When we went to pay, we were given a 30% discount on top of that. Since those totes were on my list of stuff to buy at WM anyway, it was a nice surprise to find them so much cheaper.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
that is a good deal spirit deer! got marked down milk. 99 for half gallon. 5 bucks for reg gallon and still with a few days on it so will be gone before the date with kids.

161 - 171 of 171 Posts