Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI I want to get an anti aging cream, my face is looking a little blah lately lol

which do you all like?

I am talking drugstore not department store stuff

thanks!

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
My skin is very sensitive and almost all anti-aging creams irritate my skin. I went back to using Cliniques three step cleaning line. The toner really seems to help to brighten my skin.

I have also gotten good results with Walgreens Alpha Hydroxy face cream when I used it on my neck. Sometimes I will use it on any breakouts.

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Organic unrefined coconut oil , I am very serious. You can use it to cook, and bake as well. It feeds the skin, has nourishing properties, and is amazing! In my personal opinion , the skin looks years younger. It will feel greasy at first, then soak right in, you should notice results within a short time.

Disclaminer: In recommending this product, it is not the intention to "diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease," because only a drug can legally make such a claim.
Sigh.....

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
The best anti- aging cream is a good broad spectrum sunscreen worn faithfully every day.Don't tan or smoke. Drink water, eat colorful fruits and veggies, get proper rest. You will have skin that will look much younger as you age.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
i use 100% organic unrefined pure shea butter - not shea added to anything .
about a 20$ or less for a 4 oz container ( can last me almost 6months )
i am hyper sensative to things so rash out from most things sold in stores and dept stores

·
Registered
24 Posts
Anti-aging?

If you want a simple moisturizer, something like Ponds cold cream or Vaseline will work.

There is NO anti-aging cream out there, we are always aging and nothing short of plastic surgery is going to change the direction of wrinkles.

You could drink more water and smile more, probably work better than creams.

·
27,948 Posts
Sunscreen, moisturizer, long walks, lots of water & laughter. Everything in moderation.
Make good choices, have a contingency plan and know that you can't make everything perfect. Your outlook is everything.

Not quite what you were looking for but words of wisdom just the same.
Stress is the number one aging factor. Find joy in simple things & your life will be simply better. :heartsm:

·
Registered
7,747 Posts
Organic unrefined coconut oil , I am very serious. You can use it to cook, and bake as well. It feeds the skin, has nourishing properties, and is amazing! In my personal opinion , the skin looks years younger. It will feel greasy at first, then soak right in, you should notice results within a short time.

Disclaminer: In recommending this product, it is not the intention to "diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease," because only a drug can legally make such a claim.
Sigh.....
I use coconut oil too! But only at night. Sometimes I squeeze a capsule of vitamin A and one of E into it.

My budget has not allowed much for day creams, but I bought a bottle of organic all natural "body" lotion with ginger and citrus that I found on clearance for $1!! and have been using that on my face during the day. Natural just is so much better for your skin.

Reactions: HappyMama

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
lol i know there is no anti aging cream really just wondering about what some make use to look less 'aged' lol

i have coconut oil hanging around from when i made soap it is hardened is that what you mean by coconut oil? how would you apply it to your skin? soften it in your hands first?

btw where do you buy it? and shea butter as well? are they expensive?

sorry for all the ???s in this post!

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Olive oil. It's not anti-aging but it will moisturize, take off make up and it's good with pasta:rollsmile

Reactions: mauimagic

·
Registered
125 Posts
Olive oil. It's not anti-aging but it will moisturize, take off make up and it's good with pasta:rollsmile
I love olive oil on my face.

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
lol i know there is no anti aging cream really just wondering about what some make use to look less 'aged' lol

i have coconut oil hanging around from when i made soap it is hardened is that what you mean by coconut oil? how would you apply it to your skin? soften it in your hands first?

btw where do you buy it? and shea butter as well? are they expensive?

sorry for all the ???s in this post!

I buy mine in bulk from Welcome to Tropical Traditions

It is a great brand . Tropical traditions also sells on ebay.

I also love the "Living Foods" Extra Virgin Coconut oil, you can get it at most Health Food Stores. I did use organic olive oil in the past, love this much better. In colder climates it will harden, in the summer become a liquid if stored right will last a long time. It has antibacterial properties, nourishing, and is wonderful as a moisturizer and many other things. I make an organic chocolate with it as well.

Reactions: Palooka

·
Banned
10,457 Posts
Well this is what I have and use at the moment...Kiss My Face Filthy Rich moisturizer, Cetaphil, Arbonne, and Lacura. Sometimes I use Olive oil.

I really want some coconut oil!!

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Yes all natural coconut oil is a great moisturizer for your hands or feet & elbows etcand also antibacterial! Love it!!!! You can eat it put it in cocoa a tbsp and it tastes like almon joy cocoa!

Reactions: HappyMama

·
Registered
22 Posts
I haven't had much luck with anti aging. I have very oily skin but aging. I do have acne but have been able to keep it under control. I also have very sensitive skin and seborrhic dermatitis. I have a hard time controling the seborrhic derm but I have notice that any anti aging creams of any kind makes it worse.

The best thing I have found is a moisturizer with sunscreen. I also agree with drinking water, eat well and exercise.

I have noticed that jojoba oil and evening primrose oil topically sometimes helps my skin. I also take evening primrose internally.

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
I agree with those who said water. I sometimes use Dove moisturizer in the winter months, otherwise I drink lots of water and eat lots of fruit and veggies. I know it works because no one ever guesses I'm almost 51 years old. Most people say I look like I'm 40 and some(usually teenagers) say I look like I'm 35, bless their hearts. Keeping your skin hydrated is the best way to keep it wrinkle free and young looking, and it's free if you have a well. I don't have a single wrinkle at the moment even though I feel I've earned some.

Cat

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
I have treid the olive oil and the coconut oil...could see absolutely no benefit...but hey, that's just me. I have terrible skin and was really hoping one of those would help. I held out for a few months and then gave up....
I actually like the Oil of Olay Regenerist line.

·
Registered
924 Posts
I was a Ponds girl for years but then they discontinued it. I now buy Oil of Olay for sensitive skin. It has spf 15 and I think I get it for around $7-$8 at Walmart.

its not really an anti aging, just a basic moisturizer.

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
I don't think there is really a true anti-aging ingredient in creams. I think it's a scam. I used them (even high-end ones) for years and I never saw even one iota of 'help' from them. I'm 56 yrs old, so I've tried it all.

I'm a big proponent of EXFOLIATING. I use one of those 'buff-puff' thingies (off brand one from WM or Target) and some gentle soap and scrub with it gently all over the face twice a week. I even do it very gently under the eyes. When you do that, you get a little faster cell-turnover and smoother skin and mine looks less wrinkly when I keep it up regularly. Plus moisturize.

Then I use an inexpensive but rich cream of any kind. Just a moisturizer. Right now, I'm liking Jergens multi-use face cream. It's in a huge (15 oz?)pink and white tub, and is about $3-something at WM, and $4-somethiing at drugstores. It makes a good makeup remover and then I leave some on for moisture. The tub lasts forever. Good old fashioned simplicity.

I never could stomach the smell of the olive oil.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.