Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all!

I'm going to attempt to make my own prop for my Halloween outfit. I will need the following items:

Crystals
Hot glue gun
Glue sticks
A long stick that's fat on one end and skinnier on the other
Two clean disposable plastic drinking cups
an LED flashlight
a paper towel tube

I know where to get the paper towel tube, along with the plastic drinking cups and I have the LED flashlight. I'll be using a plastic pitchfork for the stick. But I am stuck on where to get the crystals, the glue and the hot glue gun.

Is there any place that has these items for insanely cheap that I'd also be able to find in Canada?

·
Registered
8,935 Posts
For that type of stuff - check the Dollarama :D And Superstore in the school supplies/craft section...you'd be surprised at what you can find there :lol: (dont forget to look at cheapie kids necklaces as well - can you take them apart and glue the pieces on individually? Dollarama sells a tiny hot glue gun too)

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm heading to the mall on Monday to see what Dollarama has. I was told I can even get the sunglasses and silver permanent market I need to make my The Fame glasses. I figured Zellers would have the pitchfork stick and the black tape I need to secure things to the stick.

I told DH to expect a phone call from the ER if I get a hold of a hot glue gun. :lol:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts