Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bev please help me!!! I am going to make a card for my daughter to give to her at her baby shower, but I am no good with the words!!

Can you think something up, or anyone else!!

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
The Greatest of Gifts

Ten little fingers,
Ten little toes,
The sweetest of smiles
And a cute little nose
All these add up
To a very special thing--
A baby---
The greatest of gifts
That life can bring.

Here are some here too.......
http://www.babyshowermania.com/stories_poems.htm

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
Lori, i love it!!

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
Wow, you're a poet too...Man, I want to be like you when I grow up.

·
Registered
5,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you Lori, and Bev I could use another one if you get around to putting on your thinking cap!!

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
What sort of thing are you after Angie?

Baby Showers are before the baby's born aren't they? (Sorry that probably sounds really dumb but we don't do them here)

So I'm a bit green to what kind of cards are given? And I can't go and look because we obviously won't sell them LOL.

Can you give me some 'basics' about the kind of thing you're after and I'll see what I can do.

·
Registered
5,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The baby shower is before the baby. I just want something about how she is the mom now. Something sweet.

·
Registered
5,500 Posts
Bev, the cards here usually say congratulations and other sentimental things about becoming a parent/mother, and the treasure babies are. We give a baby shower to celebrate the coming of a blessing and provide the mother with baby items (anything from furniture and strollers to clothing and diapers to scrapbooks and quilts/blankets) Usually it is women getting together at a home or restaurant or meeting place, but Some families make it a whole family thing where the men get together outside/in another room and the women are in the house/parlor, living room, etc. Does that give you a feel for them?

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
It sounds like fun! Why are we so boring then? LOL.

Well I wrote this, but never having been to a baby shower I don't know if it's right, appropreate, or just any good - If there's something wrong with it OR you just don't like it PLEASE DO say so (and tell me what's wrong or what you would prefer) and I'll think of something else :confused: (I won't be offended - I just want you to have whatever you're looking for)

:hugz: Bev. xxx

A new baby, such a miracle,
Sent from up above,
Planted in a Mother,
to season it with Love.

To sprinkle with a seed of Joy,
and harvest it with care,
A Mother's love is special,
and nothing can compair.

Treasure every moment,
Until your baby blooms in birth,
YOU are that special Mother,
and the Best in all the Earth!

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
oooohhh, i love both of them. soooooo sweet.:D

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
You are SO welcome Angie,

I'm happy that you are happy with it!

Have a wonderful baby shower, and I'm sure a wonderful new grandchild.

Lots of Love Bev. xxx

We really should have those shower thingys! But NO I'm not having another baby to start the trend LOL

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
Wow those poems are both great!!!! Angie, i don't have a poem idea for you, but I do have my book from my last pregnancy and I have a list of games and prizes that I can share if you are interested in them. :D

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
Lori and Bev, your creativity astounds me! :thumb:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts