Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Girls,

I know you are are licensed (or have been licensed) hair dressers and I have a question.......

5 1/2 weeks ago I colored my hair RED, I mean RED!! :yikes: Looks great on some people, just not on me. Well since then it has lightened up at least 3 shades from shampooing and isn't too bad but I still am not fond of it. I have about 1/2" of new growth at the roots but I want to go back to blonde (my natural color).

My natural blonde is more like an ash blonde.

My question: Can I re-color my hair yet or do I have to wait longer? Because I went red, I don't want green hair :surprise: when I go back to blonde.

TIA :D

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
You can colour it again - I've done mine 4 times in one day! :eek: Although it HAS to be said this is NOT (I said NOT) advisable AND I'm REALLY lucky I have hair LOL.

The bad news is Red is THE hardest colour to lift :( (that's my problem going blonde I have LOTS of natural red I can't get out)

IMO - I would 'speak' to a hairdresser first, who can check the colour out for you, but don't let them scare you they want your money LOL. You 'may' have to pre-lighten it AND DO A STRAND TEST (not something I ever bother with LOL again NOT recommended!) Then you'll KNOW what condition it will be in AND what colour it will come out.

*The advice of the management is only personal and not admissable in court!* :D

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Bev! :D

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
I'd have to agree with Bev's advice. You can color it again. And red IS hard to get out.
Keep us posted.

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Sherry.

I will admit to never doing a strand test before. But I think I will this time! :D

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
I never did them either. :eek: lol

This reminds me of one time my manager was coloring my hair for me. I wanted auburn, so we were using this new color and you could add this red stuff to it just to "pump" up the color a little. This color was semi-permanent and when it was done you just rinse it out, you didn't shampoo it out. Well.... I knew something was wrong when I'm laying in the sink and she says "I'm just going to go ahead and shampoo this for ya." I said "What's wrong?" Here she had added a "little extra" of the red stuff to it for me. :p
LOL It was Strawberry Shortcake red!!! To top it off she had to leave right after for a meeting so I had to live with it till the next day and to get it out we had to bleach it out to cotton candy pink then color it brown. It was a mess. I'm lucky it didn't fall out. LOL

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh Sherry that's awful! :(

Mine had a little tube of stuff to brighten the color too. When I was done, the color was like Bozo the Clowns!!!! :yikes:
:laugh:

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
:crackup: Isn't it wonderful having free reign in a hairdressers! LOL.

I've never done a strand test in my life - The first time I ever tried blonde it came out the brightest, brassiest ORANGE I've ever seen in my life! :yucky: I KNEW I couldn't go outside LOL so I did it again (with fingers crossed my hair wouldn't burn and snap off) and then it went Yellow! :eek:

I've done SOOO many 'mistakes' Luckily because I did it so often and I have tattoos and piercings everybody always thought I was wierd enough to have 'wanted' it that way, so I started to agree that it was all planned, while I was secretly crying LMAO!

Still you only live once - everybody should have stupid coloured hair or they haven't lived LOL.

My worst was my first pink which was semi-permanent (in theory) but I'd put it over bleach and when I went home my Dad went mental, I promised him it would 'wash out' and I washed my hair ALL night and it hardly changed LOL - Next day my manager had to tint it back brown LOL.

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka AngeleeBob
1,471 Posts
I agree Bev everyone should have a stupid haircolor atleast once in their lives. Mine has been both purple and blue on purpose!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts